Chapter 43 Burns

They both just lie on the couch together in silence, but they were enjoying each other’s company.  Hidan was lying on the couch with Thanerah lying beside him but her head was resting on his chest while tracing his muscles with her fingers. Hidan’s arm that was wrapped around her and he used his hand to play with a few strands of her hair while looking at the ceiling.

“We should head to bed,” mumbled Thanerah but he heard her crystal clear.

He murmured to her softly then sat up carefully with her. She tried to stand up but her legs felt like jelly. She tried to stand up again but her legs were obeying to her so she started to fall. She was swiftly caught by Hidan before she could touch the ground and she let out a small laugh.

“I think you got a bit rough on me,” she joked lightly, he smirked at her before he suddenly collected her in his arms so he was carrying her bridle style. Hidan walked through the pile of clothes, down the hall and entered into their bedroom.

Hidan laid her down on the bed before joining her to lie behind her. She turned around to face him as he brought the covers over them. Hidan brought her in his arms and then they both noticed their brand on their wrists glowing when they were close to each other. Faint thin lines crawled out from their brands and intertwine themselves around their hands together.

“So beautiful…” whispered Thanerah as she played with the floating thin lining of lights in the air with her fingers.

Hidan wasn’t looking at them at all, he was looking at her. “Yes you are…”

Thanerah looked at him surprisingly while her cheeks were getting flushed with deep red.  “Did you say I’m beautiful…?”

He brought his hand up to caress her cheek softly “You don’t think you are?”

Thanerah closed her eyes in desire as she felt him caressing her cheek, “No, not really.”

He stopped caressing her cheek then said “Come here.”

She scooted closer to him and he wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head on his as she wrapped her arms around him in a warm embrace. “Sleep…” he said faintly as he was halfway asleep. Thanerah smiled softly and closed her eyes as she felt Hidan brought a leg over her as if she was a prize precious possession.

“Good night, Hidan…”

“Just go to sleep, Thanerah…” he mumbled with a hint of humor, she giggled softly before she fallen into darkness.

--

The next morning, Thanerah fluttered her eyes open when she felt the warmth of the sunlight against her face. She closed her eyes again to block the sun and groaned. *Argh, too tired to get up…* she thought as she turned her back towards the sun and covered her eyes to try to go back to sleep.

Then she realized that she was sleeping alone in bed. She opened one lazy eye and saw no sign of her husband. *Where’s Hidan?* she asked herself as she slowly sat up from the bed. Then she realized she was naked, she gasped surprisingly and quickly covered herself with the bed sheets.

“Wh-What happened?!” suddenly flash backs of last night reappeared in her mind. “Oh my God…” she mumbled as she covered her mouth with her hand while her cheeks were getting flushed. Soon she smelled something delicious in the air *Food…* she followed her nose and saw the bedroom door ajar.

She quickly gather the bed sheet, stood up from the bed and walked out of the bedroom while following the smell with the bed sheets wrapped around her naked body. She looked inside the kitchen where the smell was coming from; she looked and saw Hidan’s back facing her.