Chapter 25 Free At Last

After Shikamaru buried Hidan in his grave, Shikamaru sighed in relief “It’s over...” then he looked up to the sky “You’re finally avenged, Asuma sensei…” soon a male deer appeared on Shikamaru’s side. Shikamaru acknowledged the deer’s presence but didn’t do anything but walked towards the direction to the exit of the forest with the deer walking beside him.

Thanerah suddenly felt like she needed to follow the kid so she did in the shadows. When the kid got outside of the forest he was greeted by his friends that were running towards him.

“Shikamaru!!” screamed Ino with a grin on her face as she ran towards Shikamaru.

*Hidan can wait…* thought Thanerah.

--

Thanerah followed Shikamaru until he got into the Hidden Leaf Village; Thanerah was hiding in the forest that was right outside the gates of the village. She hid herself there until night time.

When night time came she was going to go back to the village but something caught her eyes, a small Ukrah was climbing up on the walls of Konoha and it went over the edge. Thanerah asked ‘An Ukrah? What’s an Ukrah doing here?’

Thanerah turned into human form and she quickly walked towards the gates, when she got there she saw two Chuunins in patrol but when they saw her they became alert.

“Who are you?” asked a man with spiky black hair with a bandage over his nose while the other had brown hair with an eye covered.

Thanerah used her sweetest smile and said “Hi, my name is Sutary. I’m looking for a place of shelter for tonight.”

The two Chuunins glanced at each other in hesitations

Soon the spiky black head said “It’s strange for a normal woman like yourself to be having a sword.”

Thanerah glanced at the sword that is strapped to her back and she kindly smiled at him.  She said “For self-defence. I’m not a ninja.”

“How should we believe that?” asked the other Chuunin.

“If I was trying to penetrate into this village I would have disguised myself.”

The two Chuunins glanced at each other once more before the brown haired one said “She does have a point, Kotetsu.”

Kotetsu sighed heavily before he said to Thanerah, or in his case, Sutary “You may enter for the night.”

Thanerah smiled once more “Thank you,” she walked past them into the village.

Thanerah didn’t bother to look for a hotel because she didn’t feel tired and she wanted to look for the Shikamaru. *Now, where does that kid live?* asked Thanerah mentally. She saw a few villagers walking around, she walked down the road until she heard.

“Some more barbeque please!! We’re celebrating for Shikamaru’s success of beating an immortal Akatsuki member!!”

“Oh really?! Then the foods on me!”

“All right!!”

Thanerah looked at the barbeque restaurants where the voices came from so she sighed deeply and looked inside the window. She saw the three teenagers who fought Hidan and Kakuzu but she was mostly eyeing on Shikamaru.

She decided to wait outside until the three teenagers were done with their little celebration.

She hid herself in an alley while eyeing on the entrance of the barbeque restaurant until it came to a close for the day. The three teenagers walked out of the restaurant along with the rest of the customers. The fat boy, Choji, stretched his chubby arms into the air “Ah, that was delicious!” he said with a big grin on his face.