Chapter 24 Grave

Thanerah had to watch the battle between Kakashi and Hidan against the Konoha shinobis. It was hard for Thanerah not to help them and she was praying silently for Kakuzu and Hidan’s safety.

Soon Hidan was caught in a shadow jutsu by the kid name Shikamaru. They both landed on the ground with their shadows connected “Shadow jutsu: successful” said Shikamaru with a confident smirk on his face while Hidan was snarling at him.

“Why you little...”

Thanerah had the urge to help Hidan, she was just hiding right behind Shikamaru but when Hidan saw Thanerah he narrowed his eyes at her. Thanerah immediately stopped, *He’ll get angry if I do interfere, but I can’t just stand here and watch this kid sending Hidan to his grave!*

“Now let’s take a small stroll, buddy,” Shikamaru said and he was being sarcastic when he said ‘buddy’ at Hidan. He soon turned around to face a different forest and dash towards it with Hidan following, against his will though.

*That’s it! I’m following!!* thought Thanerah, she quickly turned into a wolf and chased after Hidan and Shikamaru.

She followed them into the dark forest and the deeper they go the darker it gets. *What is this forest? It feels kind of weird here but yet spiritual for some reason.* thought Thanerah as she glanced at her surroundings but she was mostly aware of following Hidan.

“Where the fuck are we going, kid?! Are you doing this to get me and Kakuzu separated?!” asked Hidan.

Shikamaru just smirked widely at Hidan over his shoulder.

“Damn you!!” shouted Hidan with a death glare.

When Hidan and Shikamaru stopped she stopped but hid herself behind the bushes. Shikamaru started to throw kunais around with a string of paper bombs, surrounding the both of them so Hidan couldn’t escape.  After Shikamaru was certain that there were no openings for anyone to get in or out, he stopped to face Hidan.

“Now, it’s just you and me,” said Shikamaru with determination in his eyes.

Hidan scoffed softly and smirked widely, “Good job of bringing me here to get me away from Kakuzu, I’ll give you that, but,” he glanced down at the shadow that was slightly struggling “, even for a hot head like me, I know your shadow jutsu lasts for 5 minutes.”

Shikamaru cursed under his breath just as he reached his limit.

Hidan smirk widened and he said “You made it this far, I’ll give you credit for that. Therefore, Lord Jashin would be more than happy to have you,” suddenly he grinned wickedly “You just made this easy for me, boy!!” he shouted as he took his stake out from his robes and he charged towards Shikamaru with a crazy grin on his face.

Hidan managed to get some blood on the tip of his stake from Shikamaru as he started to fell down to the ground. He landed on the ground and cursed under his breath with a small scratch on his cheek. Hidan grinned widely with the blood on his stake coming up to his lips so he can lick it off. Soon Hidan’s skin started to turn black with white skeleton details while he stared at Shikamaru menacingly.

He opened his free hand and stabbed it with his stake. He yelped in pain but soon had a grin on his face in ecstasy when blood was bawling out from his injured hand. He let his blood dripped to the ground and he stepped on it to form the Jashin symbol.

When he was completed he said to Shikamaru who was frozen from his spot with cold sweat running down from his brow, “Now everything is set for the sacred ceremony...” said Hidan with that crazy grin still plastered on his face.