Chapter 31 Code

Thanerah opened her eyes and gasped softly, everything seemed to be high-tech, and she could see energy flowing through a thin line going through the walls and the floor. Hidan only grunted at the one who greeted him, Thanerah turned her head to see a buff man with short grey hair with a goatee, black clothes with an eye patch over his left eye.

“It’s been a long time, Hidan” said the man with a big grin on his face.

Hidan just smirked softly and said “Yeah, nice to fucking see you too, Kobra.”

Thanerah flinched as she stared at the man before her oddly, *His name is...Kobra?*

Thanerah glanced at Bansu who already left, *Huh? Where did he go?* she asked herself, soon she heard Kobra asking Hidan.

“And who’s the little lady?”

Thanerah felt an anime vein popping on her head, *Little lady?!* she’s not that short and the man was the same height as Hidan, well a bit taller within a few centimetres.

Hidan just grinned and said as he tightened his hold around his wife, “This is my wife, Thanerah.”

Kobra put a hand out for her to shake, “Nice to meet you.”

Thanerah smiled politely and accepted his hand with a shake, “Nice to meet you too.”

Kobra grinned widely at Hidan as he pulled his hand away from the handshake, “She’s perfect.”

Hidan smirked widely, “I know.”

She blushed softly and she looked at the ground to prevent the two men to see her flushed face.

Kobra soon said, “Well I have to go. Apparently there are new young Jashinists waiting for me at the Training Grounds” he didn’t seem too happy about it either.

Hidan sighed softly, “You’re not showing any fucking mercy, are you?”

Kobra shook his head, “Nope, not my style.”

Hidan and Kobra shared a small handshake, “I’ll see you later, General.” Kobra then walked down the empty hallways. Hidan sighed heavily once more while Thanerah was looking around in awe; Hidan glanced at her and smirked softly at her reaction.

“You like?”

Thanerah couldn’t help but nodded.

Then Thanerah asked Hidan, “Now what?” his smirk dropped and he glared at the ground as he growled softly at the back of his throat.

“We have to inform the High Priest” he grumbled, Thanerah arched a brow at Hidan’s sudden reaction but stayed quiet.

She let Hidan guided her through the empty hallways while she was being surrounded by technology, but she barely saw any people. *Where is everybody?* she asked herself. She asked Hidan, “Where’s everybody?”

He went quiet for a moment before he answered gravely, “Most of all, everyone’s dead.”

Thanerah’s heart skipped a beat, Hidan stopped so he can face her, and “We are being hunted down, Thanerah. We use to be millions but we are losing our kind through the years. I don’t know who the fuck is it but I’ll find who the fuck is responsible.”

“You mean ‘we’” said Thanerah, he arched a brow at her so she answered his silent question “You’re my husband, Hidan. And as your wife, I’m going to help you through all this, I don’t want to become one of those wives that just sit around and worried for their husband every day. I want to help”

Hidan smiled and pecked her lips. Every time he does that her stomach is filled with butterflies while her heart leaped in joy. When he pulled away he mumbled, “I’ll have to give Lord Jashin a lot of fucking sacrifices as a ‘thank you’ for having you as my wife”