Chapter 29 Concern

Thanerah continued to close her eyes, even though she and Hidan went through the Gate. She didn’t feel anything but she could hear the sounds of twittering birds and could smell some fresh nature. “What the fuck are you doing, Thanerah? Open your fucking eyes already.”

Thanerah opened her eyes and gasped in surprise and in awe. She was surrounded in a forest, but it was no ordinary forest, it was a forest that was combined with crystals that seemed to have small light of energy going through them.

“Wh-What is this place?” asked Thanerah as she continued to look around in awe.

Hidan smirked at her expression, “This place is called Crystal Forest.”

She looked behind her to see the exact same Gate which is closed. she looked back at him and asked, “Now what?”

“We’ll go straight to Hanatul that is just right up ahead on this road. It’s not far from now,” answered Hidan serenely.

He already started to walk down the road but soon Thanerah asked him while she got to his side, “Will we be bumping into any ruffians or UKrahs?”

He glanced at her then looked back on the road, “Perhaps, I don’t know. I haven’t been here for a long time.”

Thanerah sighed heavily then took Hidan’s coat off her shoulders, “Here,” and she passed it back to Hidan.

He nodded as ‘thanks’ and put it on but let it open.

“Come on,” ordered Hidan as he walked down the road.

--

The deeper they walked the less life they see in the forest; it was strange even for Hidan. He stopped in front of a broken branch but it looked rotten and the crystal was cracking. Hidan grabbed a small twig of it and snapped it but suddenly the whole fallen branch shattered into little pieces.

“This part of the forest is dying…” said Hidan, mostly to himself, as he dusted his hands off. He looked at the road up ahead “And this leads to Hanatul City...”

Thanerah got to his side and asked, “Do you think Hanatul City is dying as well?”

Hidan went quiet for a moment but slightly nodded. He walked forward but his pace was faster than before, *Hidan...* thought Thanerah with soft eyes before she caught up with his pace.

--

Thanerah and Hidan got to a sharp edge of a cliff and all they could see was a wasteland with a few tall sharp black buildings lying on the ground in ruins. “Oh no...” mumbled Hidan as he stared at the scene before him in disbelief.

“They’ve been attacked?” he asked, mostly to himself. He soon jumped off the edge to the lower grounds.

“Hi-Hidan!!” shouted out Thanerah before she hesitatingly jumped down as well. Hidan easily got on the ground and he immediately rushed towards the fallen towers while Thanerah was slipping a bit and she landed on her butt.

She groaned in pain and rubbed her tushy, “Ow...” She quickly stood up and saw Hidan already near one of the closest fallen towers, “Hidan!!”

--

Hidan ignored Thanerah’s calls and entered into the fallen towers through the broken windows, he looked around to see many ruins and there were a few dead Jashinists lying on the ground, some were tear apart, burned alive or being stabbed by old weapons.

He walked towards one of the corpses and pulled out one of the old weapons. It was a curvy dagger with a detailed handle so it can be gripped easily with a blue orb in the handle. Hidan cursed under his breath and thrown away the dagger and it immediately turned into dust.