Chapter 15 Hero

Hidan went outside the Akatsuki base and started to ask questions around with the villagers if they have seen Thanerah. A few have and pointed at the direction where it leads to the outskirts of the Rain Village.

“Fuck, Thanerah...” grumbled Hidan under his breath as he looked at the distant. He dashed towards the direction and thought *Thanerah, when I find you, I’ll make sure to give you some big fucking lecture until your ears bleed!* Hidan stopped when noticed some foot tracks in the forest beside him.

He crossed through the bushes and kneeled on the ground to examine the footsteps. “There were two people...” he mumbled then he sniffed the air and immediately recognized Thanerah’s natural scent of jasmine and honey “Thanerah was here...” he glanced at the second set of foot prints “But who’s the other one?”

Suddenly Hidan noticed something under the bushes so, being curious, he grabbed it and pulled it out to reveal a piece of snake skin. “Snake skin...?” mumbled Hidan and then his eyes widened and he soon glared at the snake skin and crushed it in his hands as he growled “Orochimaru...”

--

Thanerah groaned when she started to awake from the darkness and she tried to move but she couldn’t. She opened her eyes to see that her hands and feet were bond by ropes; she also realized that she was lying on a metal bed and was strapped down on it by belts. Thanerah cursed under her breath and tried to break free but it was hopeless, she was completely trapped.

She looked around the room to see that she was in an experimental room because she saw many strange things in liquid jars with a set neat of experimental equipment by her side of the metal bed and the swinging hanging lamp above her was the only light.

“A-Am I going to be...experimented?” asked Thanerah and even though she knew that nobody will answer her question since she’s alone in the room until the door was opened by someone. She looked to see the shadow figure coming inside the room and closed the door behind him.

He walked towards Thanerah’s metal bed and she expected to see Orochimaru but it wasn’t, it was just a teenage kid with silver hair, onyx eyes with big round glasses, he also had a kind smile on his face. “You must be Thanerah, nice to finally meet you. Lord Orochimaru has been talking nothing but you for the past few weeks.”

She arched a brow at him “Orochimaru has been talking about me?”

The boy nodded then he chuckled a bit to himself and mumbled “My, where are my manners?” he nodded his head to Thanerah “My name is Kabuto and you’ll be taken care in my hands until Lord Orochimaru returns from his training.”

“Training?”

“He’s training his pupil.”

“He has a pupil? Anyone who wants to be his pupil than has to be insane.”

Kabuto chuckled “Then you think Sasuke Uchiha is insane? I hardly doubt that.”

Thanerah’s eyes widened *Sasuke Uchiha? Itachi’s little brother?*

Kabuto nodded at Thanerah’s shock expression as if he could read her mind “You’re right, Sasuke Uchiha is the younger sibling of Itachi Uchiha.”

Everything went quiet for a moment then Thanerah asked Kabuto “What does Orochimaru want to do with me?”

Kabuto smiled kindly at her, maybe too kindly “Lord Orochimaru wants to test on you since you’re a werewolf,” he nodded towards Thanerah’s Krystol “, and the power of Jashin, Hidan’s so-called religion. I’m very surprised by it actually; I never thought the religion would be so motivating by its secret powers.”