Chapter 22 Coming

Thanerah was drying her wet hair with a towel after taking a hot shower while Hidan was cleaning his scythe with an old cloth, until their door was knocked. They stopped from their business before glancing at each other, Thanerah walked to the door to open it and saw Kakuzu.

“What is it, Kakuzu?” she asked.

Kakuzu answered “We have a mission.”

She was going to change but he said to her, “But you’re not coming with us this time.”

She stopped in her tracks to arch a brow at Kakuzu, “What do you mean that I’m not coming?”

“Sorry kid. It’s Pein’s orders.”

Thanerah had no idea why Pein won’t let her go on this mission. Hidan got to her side and asked Kakuzu, “Wait, why is Thanerah not coming with us on this? What kind of mission is this?”

Kakuzu shrugged his shoulders and said to Hidan, “I just received orders from Pein that Thanerah is not coming with us on this. Now come on, Hidan. Get ready” then he left.

Thanerah closed the door with a heavy sigh, *Why am I not coming?* Soon she felt a hand on her shoulder so she turned her head to see that it was Hidan.

“I’ll ask him” he said before he left the room after releasing her shoulder.

--

Thanerah waited and waited in the bedroom until Hidan returned. When he did he grabbed his Akatsuki cloak from the foot of his bed. “So, what did he say?” asked Thanerah as she was sitting on her side of the bed.

Hidan glanced up at her while putting his cloak on, “He said this mission is too dangerous for you”

Thanerah arched a brow at him, “Too dangerous? I can protect myself, Hidan!”

He sighed heavily, “I know, Thanerah, but...I think its best that you’re here.”

She glared softly at him and she asked “What kind of mission is this?”

“We’re going after the Two-Tails, Thanerah,” answered Hidan as he closed two buttons with his chest exposed, as usual.

Her eyes widened softly and she mumbled “Y-You’re going after the Two-Tails?”

Hidan nodded.

“...how long are you going to be away?” she asked.

Hidan shrugged his shoulders and replied “Maybe a day or two. It depends”

Two days later, Hidan and Kakuzu hadn’t return. Thanerah was sighing a lot while worrying for them, she couldn’t help it. She asked Pein why she wasn’t allowed to follow them in the first place but his answer was, “Like I said before: It’s too dangerous for you. You’re not ready yet.”

Thanerah sighed once more as she looked outside the window of Hidan’s bedroom. *Hidan, where are you?* asked Thanerah mentally as she watched the sky rained. Suddenly she heard a knock on the door, “Who is it?” she asked.

“Itachi” he replied from the other side of the door.

“Come in!” called out Thanerah. The door was opened by Itachi, “What do you want?” asked Thanerah with an arched brow.

“Pein wants us all to be assembled to seal the Two-Tails. He believes that you’re ready,” Itachi answered solemnly.

Thanerah sighed softly before she stood up, she followed Itachi out of her bedroom to the living room where only Kisame and Tobi were present and the rest are all on missions.