Chapter 11 Dance

Hidan and Thanerah walked to the large mansion with his arm around Thanerah’s lower waist while her heart was beating rapidly in her chest like drums; she could even hear them. *I wonder where Kakuzu is* thought Thanerah as she scanned the area with the corner of her eyes until they suddenly stopped when a guard approached them.

“Your cards please, sir?” asked the guard.

Thanerah’s heart skipped a beat *Cards? What cards!?* but Hidan seemed to be calm, he dig his hand in his jacket and pulled out a golden card with an initial H on it in deep red. Hidan passed the card to the guard and he did a quick scan before he nodded then passed the card back to Hidan.

“Welcome to the ball, Mr and Mrs...Popperhem” greeted the guard.

Thanerah and Hidan flinched when they heard their ‘surname’ and thought with a growl *Kakuzu...* they nodded to the guard as he stood by the side and they both entered the big large doors to the mansion.

 Thanerah gasped when she saw the ball room, it was incredibly beautiful with a large chandelier hanging by the ceiling while people were dancing in the middle, while others were mingling, drinking or eating. Hidan was grumbling many cursed words under his breath about Kakuzu since he was still a bit angry about the surname which they were given for their undercover mission.

Then Thanerah asked Hidan “Where’s Kakuzu?”

Hidan shrugged his shoulders and said “I don’t know it could be anyone’s guess”

“Did he say where he was going?”

“He said that he’ll do the rest of the mission. Our only job is to distract the audience”

“And how do you suppose we do that?”

Hidan cheeks started to turn a bit pink but thankfully his mask covered most part of it. “We’ll have to dance”

Thanerah stared at him with her jaw dropped.

Hidan asked her “You do know how to dance?”

Thanerah nodded her head then she asked Hidan softly “Are you serious? We have to dance?!”

Hidan nodded, he didn’t seem happy himself.

Thanerah felt dizzy so she said to Hidan “I need a drink”

Hidan wrapped his arm around her shoulder and said “Yeah, I need one too” then he lead Thanerah to the drinking bar with Thanerah. 

When they got there Hidan immediately ordered “Two sakes!” the bartender nodded and immediately retrieve the order.

Thanerah just couldn’t believe of what she had to do with Hidan, they drinks came then the bartender left to deliver the other customer’s drinks. Hidan took a shot swiftly and then nudged Thanerah softly on the arm with his elbow “Hey come on, we don’t have much time”  

Thanerah nodded then took a shot of her sake, she felt the familiar burning sensation in her throat and felt her nerves relaxed a bit. 

Then Hidan asked “You ready?”

Thanerah nodded, Hidan put a hand out for Thanerah to accept and she did, then Hidan guided her to the dance-floor.

--

Kakuzu was disguised as a waiter with the transformation-jutsu after he knocked out one of the waiters and put him in a closet. Kakuzu hold the tray of the food for the Feudal Lord and apply some poison in the Feudal Lord’s drink of whine. Then he walked down the grand hallway to the ball room, when he got there he could see that everyone was distracted by a couple who was dancing at the dance floor. Kakuzu smirked when he saw his partners dancing beautifully and swiftly on the dance-floor.