Chapter 45- Night in Paris

Loren: You didn't have to do this you know...

Eddie: Do what?

Loren: Rent out the top level of the Eiffel Tower!

Eddie: Oh trust me! I did! I wasn't going to let those morons ruin our date again. Plus, you deserve the best and nothing but the best.

Loren smiles and holds Eddie's hand from across the tiny, candle lit, bistro table set up at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Eddie: It's so beautiful up here.

Loren: Yeah, it is an amazing view.

Eddie: *looks at Loren and smiles* Yes, it is.

Loren laughs at the cheesy pick-up line and stands up and holds out her hand to Eddie.

Loren: Let's go.

Eddie: Go where?

Loren: Back to the hotel.

Eddie smiles and stands up but pulls her closer to him as she starts walking away and kisses her.

Eddie: I love you. I really, truly do.

Loren: I love you too.

Eddie and Loren end up back at the hotel. They start to make out in their hallway, as they walk to their room. When they arrive to their door, Eddie presses Loren up against it, not breaking the kiss. He struggles to open the door as he kisses her at the same time. He finally opens the door and takes off his coat and throws it on the floor. Loren pushes him backwards on the couch and continues to make out on top of him.

Loren: Eddie?

Eddie: *kissing her neck* yeah?

Loren: I just want to kiss. No further tonight.

Eddie: *stops kissing and looks into her eyes* I'm fine with that. Just... why?

Loren: Because, I.... I.... I think I'm pregnant.

Eddie's face goes blank and sits up not saying a word seeming very uncomfortable.

Loren: Um... Eddie?

Eddie: *voice cracks* Yeah.

Loren: I'm just kidding.

Eddie: *smacks her with a pillow and laughs* Don't do that to me!!!

Loren: So that's how you'd act for real?

Eddie: Well.... I'm not ready to be a dad yet!

Loren: Same here. I would never want a kid at this age. 

Eddie: So what now?

Loren: I'm tired so I'm going to go to bed.

Eddie: What!? You're going to leave me hanging?!

Loren leans over and kisses Eddie once more and gets up off the couch. She starts getting ready for bed and meets Eddie in bed. He wraps his arm around her as soon as she lays down, and kisses her cheek.

Eddie: Goodnight Loren.

Loren: Goodnight