Chapter 24- Crime

Eddie unlocks the door to the bungalow and his mouth drops. All the furniture was knocked over and thrown around the room. And there was a note on the kitchen counter. Loren walks into the bungalow and her eyes widen when she sees the place.

Loren: What happened?!

Eddie: I don't know but I think this note will explain it.

Eddie and Loren walk to the counter, Eddie picks up the note and he reads it out loud.

I told you not to mess with me teeny bopper! I will get you for what you did. You think I was done and out of your life for good didn't you?! But now, I just got to tell you, watch your back.

~Eddie's ONLY girl

Eddie: WELL I WONDER WHO IT IS! *he says sarcastically*

Loren: I wonder why she did this.

Eddie: Maybe she was looking for something or just did this to be a jerk.

Loren: We should call the cops.

Eddie: Good idea.

Eddie calls 911 and cops rush to get to the bungalow. They knock on the door. Eddie invites them in and 3 policemen investigate the house while 1 more interviews Loren and Eddie about what they know. Loren hands them the note and tell them they already knew who had done it. Chloe.

Police man: How would you know it's Ms. Carter?

Eddie: *shows him on the note again* See here it says, " Eddie's ONLY girl" at the end. Chloe is the only one that I broke up with and she's the only one who gets annoyed with Loren.

Loren: She always tries to sabotage me. Like at my concert in New York if you've heard about that.

Police man: Yes, I have. And it turned out it WAS Ms. Carter for sure. She admitted it.

Loren: See what I mean.

The policeman nods at Loren and shakes Eddie's hand and tells them he'll be keeping an eye out for Chloe and when they find her, they're arresting her for breaking and entering, and for threats used against another person. Loren and Eddie become relieved and they both start cleaning up the bungalow once the police leave. After about another 2 hours of cleaning and straightning up, they finish and everything is back in place. Eddie and Loren join eachother on the couch where they had their make out sesh last time and when Loren almost did it with Eddie, but stopped him. Eddie looks at Loren with her hands in front of her face, bent over, sitting on the couch.

Eddie: What's wrong beautiful?

Loren: I'm scared.

Eddie: What do you mean? About what?

Loren: Everyone is trying to sabotage me. And they're all linked to you.

Eddie: So what are you saying? Are you scared because I'm the reason this is all happening?

Loren: Well... I guess... yeah. *she says with a tear running down her cheek.*

Eddie: *reaches over and wipes the tear away.* Hey, it's okay! *he says in a soothing voice and puts his arms around her embracing her.* It'll be okay.

Loren: *pushes his arm off her.* It's not okay! *stands up* I'm scared something will go terribly wrong and I or you, will get seriously hurt!

Eddie: *stands up and faces her and raises his voice up a little* Loren, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU! I'm going to protect you! Why do you ahve to be like this?!! It's like you are hesitant about everything that comes at you!

Loren is surprised by the tone of voice Eddie is using with her and gets a little scared. She's silent and runs out the door and runs down along the beach, as far as she can go. She calls Melissa.

*ON THE PHONE*

Loren: Hey Mel. *she says crying*

Melissa: Lo! What's wrong!? Is it Chloe? Tyler? Your mom?! ME!??!!!!

Loren: Mel, listen, I need you to come pick me up at Eddie and his Dad's beach bungalow in Venice. Can you?

Melissa: Sure thing girl. Just tell me what's wrong.

Loren: I'll tell you in the car. Please hurry.

Loren gives Melissa the directions.

Melissa: I'll be there in 5 minutes. I was passing through Venice to begin with. You're lucky, otherwise I couldn't.

Loren: Thanks. See you then.

Loren hangs up and hears Eddie running to her from behind yelling her name.

Eddie: Loren! LOREN! I'm sorry! Please! *he slows down and comes to a stop when he reaches Loren and is out of breath.* I'm sorry. I don't know why I was acting like a total jerk. Do you forgive me?

Loren: You know Eddie... I'm gonna have to take a break. Okay? Figure some things out because right now, I just don't know anymore. Melissa will be here in 5 minutes to take me to her house.

Eddie: What?! Your leaving?!!!!

Loren: You scared me Eddie.

Loren stops when she hears Melissa's horn honk once. Loren kisses Eddie and says her goodbye.

Loren: I'll see you later. *she kisses him again and walks away to Melissa's car.*