Chapter 25- Figuring Things Out

Loren stares out Melissa's car window and sits there in silence, quietly crying to herself. Melissa notices and pulls over.

Melissa: Loren.... what happened, and why are you crying?! You can tell me anything. You know that.

Loren: It's Eddie

Melissa: What do you mean?

Loren: Eddie yelled at me and it scared me because I never thought he would ever yell at me like that. It's just not him. *she sniffed*

Melissa: Wow. You're right. It sounds nothing like Eddie.

Loren: And that's why I wanted you to pick me up. Because I was scared and confused. I also told Eddie something I really regret.

Melissa: Oh no! Lo! What did you tell him!???

Loren: I told him we needed to take a break and I needed to figure some things out.

Melissa: That's crazy! Why would you tell him that?! He's probably going insane. And since when do you guys fight?!

Loren: That's the thing! We never had a fight once! Not once! I don't want to lose him Mel. I really don't! *she says bawling*

Melissa leans over and hugs Loren.

Melissa: It's okay. You might've done the right thing.

Loren: No I didn't do the right thing. I regret it. Really bad. And plus on top of it, my mom's mad at me!

Melissa: Oh my gosh! WHY?!!!

Loren: She caught me and Eddie. *she said softly to herself, embarassed.*

Melissa: OMG! NO FRICKEN WAY! So you were in the middle of it?!

Loren: No! I had my pants and shirt on backwards and Eddie came to the door with no shirt on. Just sweatpants.

Melissa: Well that's a dead give away.

Loren: I know. And I felt so horrible. She ran out of Eddie's apartment crying and told me before she slammed the door that she trusted me. I felt so bad I almost start crying!

Melissa: Okay super star. It seems like you need to get away from it all. Let's go have a sleepover at my house! We need to get your mid off things and when your ready, I'll take you to go talk to your mom and Eddie.

Loren: Thank you Melissa. You are an awesome friend.

Melissa: *says cheerfully* I know! *and smiles and starts the car and heads back on the road.*

After about another 2 hours of driving, Loren had fallen asleep in the car on the way and Melissa was struggling to keep her eyes open until they finally arrived in Melissa's driveway. Melissa shakes Loren's shoulder and Loren wakes up and yawns.

Loren:Are we here?

Melissa: Yeah. I gotta get to sleep as soonas we get in there. My parents aren't here because they went on vacation and Phil got a house with Adriana and moved into it yesterday.

Loren: *opens the car door* You didn't tell me any of that!

Melissa: Well you're always gone... so....*she starts to tear up and tries to look away and not let Loren see her*

Loren: *sees a tear on Melissa and puts her hand on Melissa's shoulder.* Hey, it's okay. I'm hanging out with you now. I'm sorry. I've been a horrible friend.

Loren goes to the driver side and opens Melissa's car door and reaches in the car and gives crying Melissa a hug. Melissa stops crying and gets out of the car and locks it. Loren stands out of Melissa's way once they get to the front door and Loren waits for Melissa to open the door. They get inside and Loren falls on the floor when she loses her balance. Melissa rushes to help Loren.

Melissa: Lo! What happened?! Are you okay?!

Loren: I'm still a little dizzy from that spiked drink. I never really fully recovered.

Melissa: *helps Loren stand up* You need to recover so you can get back to being a super star again. Let's get to my room. I'll let you have the bed.

Loren: No, it's your room. I'll sleep on the couch. I insist and if you refuse I'll just not go to sleep.

Melissa: Fine, difficult Loren wins again. *she laughs*

Melissa says goodnight to Loren and Loren says it back. Melissa heads to her room and goes to sleep. Loren lays on the couch and grabs the blanket on the back of the couch and covers herself up. Loren lays there for the longest time looking through her phone's pics of her and Eddie. And Eddie seems to never stop smiling which makes Loren smile. Loren think about how giving their relationship a break might be the best thing right now. She just keeps thinking in her head about Eddie until she falls asleep. Loren jumps at the sound of her phone viberating. She rubs her eyes and picks her phone up off the coffee table next to her and sees the time. 4 in the morning. She rolls her eyes and sees she got 45 texts from Eddie. She reads each one of them.

"Babe, I'm sorry."

"Where are you?!"

"Loren!"

"I miss you :("

and the one that stands out to her the most. "Chloe... help" When Loren reads that text she immediately jumps off the couch and puts on her jacket and wakes up Melissa.

Loren: Mel! *she whispers*

Melissa: *jumps awake* WHAT?! What's wrong!?

Loren: I need to go back the beach bungalow! Eddie's in trouble.

Melissa: What do you mean?!

Loren: He JUST texted me and said "chloe... help."

Melissa: You can borrow Phil's old car. It's in the driveway next to mine under the tarp. The keys are in his old room on the night stand. Good luck girl!

Loren: Thanks Mel! I'll be back later today. *she yells running out Melissa's bedroom door and runs into Phil's old room.*

Loren sees the keys on Phil's old night stand shining under the pile of mess. She grabs them and runs out the front door, rips the tarp off the car and drives away. She notices once she drives off, that car smells terrible. She rolls down a window even if it means she'll be cold. After a 3 hour drive, she pulls up in front of the beach bungalow and runs through the cold sand and runs up the stairs to the front door tripping and falling a couple times until she reaches the top. She looks through the window next to the door because she doesn't have a key to get in. When she looks in, all she sees is her worst night mare.

Loren: Why? *she whispers and starts crying and collapses on her knees on the porch.*