Chapter 28- Please Be Okay...

Loren turns around to the voice slowly, hoping it's who she thinks it is. She turns around and it wasn't... it wasn't Eddie. A tear falls from Loren's eye. It was just an old man talking in his sleep. Loren notices there was a curtain in the other half of the room and looks behind it quietly hoping Eddie would be there, but it was just a empty space for another hospital bed. Loren tries to walk out of the room but sees many doctors and nurses in the hallway probably talking about Loren missing. Loren shuts the door quietly and sits on a chair in the corner of the room. After about 30 minutes, Loren hears the old man's life line go dead. She freezes and tears up a little. Even though Loren never knew this man, it just reminded her about the fact that Eddie might be on life support. She hears outside the door doctors rushing into the room. Loren quickly runs to the bathroom in the hospital room and locks the door. She sits in the dark listening to the doctor's talking about the man. They told one of the nurses to call one of his loved ones to tell them the news. Then after about 2 more minutes, Loren hears the doctors and nurses leave the room. She waits a couple more minutes just to be sure everyone's gone and out of the room then she walks out of the bathroom. She hears doctors still in the hallways so she thinks to herself, may as well spend the night in this room. She sits back on the chair in the corner and turns on the dim lamp next to it. That was the only light in the room. She hears doctors coming closer and closer to the door. She turns off the light quicklly and goes back into the bathroom and locks the door without turning on the light once more. She hears them open the door and push in another patient that sounded really miserable yelling.

Unknown Male Patient: Where is she! Tell me where she is!

The doctors seemed to ignore him and Loren heared the door shut and the room got quiet. She hears the patient starting to cry and moan. Loren thinks in her head, "Great! Now I have to spend then night in the bathroom!" She sits on the bathroom floor quietly and checks her phone. She had 12 new text mesages from Melissa.

"They won't let me in"

"Lo?"

"Loren?!"

And so on.... Loren's phone dies and she sighs. She hears that the room was silent and wonders if she can sneak out if the patient is asleep. She gets up off the bathroom floor and reaches for the door knob. She freezes when she hears the patient say something shocking.

Unknown Patient: Where are you babe?

Loren opens the door quickly and runs out of the bathroom and the patient jumps.

Loren: EDDIE! *she happily cries*

Eddie: Who are you?

--------------------------------------------------------

I know, shortest chapter yet but I just had to do that cliff hanger. Lol