Chapter 34- Going Home

Loren wakes up and looks right up at Eddie sitting in the chair next to her bed, playing on his phone. She looks on the other side of her and sees Melissa, her mom, and Max all in the corner of the room all on their phones. Loren giggles at the sight of it, and they all look over at Loren when they hear he giggle.

Eddie: Hey beautiful! You're up! *leans over and kisses Loren.*

Loren: I woke up to a party! I'm usually the one to never pass out first! *she laughs and makes everyone else in the room do the same.*

Max: *gets up off the chair and walks over to Loren and grabs her hand and kisses it.* How are you feeling sweetheart?

Loren: I'm feeling good. I'd feel even better if I could get to go home though!

Nora: The nurse said you can actually leave at 8 tonight. They're removing your stitches around noon. You heeled quicker than they expected. *she says smiling and lifts up the blanket on Loren to look at Loren's legs to see the somewhat healed wounds.*

Loren looks down at her legs then everyone in the room gives their attention to the door when they hear a knock. Melissa stands up and opens it. In no time, 2 nurses and a doctor walk in.

Doctor: Good morning Ms. Tate. I take it you are filled in on everything that's happening today.

Loren: Yeah, I think so.

Doctor: Good. Well change of plans, we have an opening to be able to take your stitches out now. So let's get you in a wheel chair. Visitors, it should only take us about 20 minutes then we'll get Loren back here. Then after that she can leave at 8 after she gets checked one more time before she leaves so she doesn't start bleeding again.

Loren slips into the wheel chair and is wheeled out of the room but stopped in the hallway by Eddie.

Eddie: Wait! I didn't give this gorgeous girl a kiss! *he laughs and leans down and gives Loren a kiss then walk back to the room.*

Loren is rolled to the operating room while Eddie walks back to the room and sits back down in his chair.

Max: Eddie

Eddie: what?

Max: How's your head?

Eddie: I can hardly feel a thing. So I'm doing good.

Nora: Eddie, do you want to take Loren home tonight to your house or should I take her to her actual home? *she says with a sassy smile*

Eddie: She's your daughter. That's up to you.

Nora: So I'll take that as, "Nora, she's coming with me and you'll get her tomorrow." *she laughs*

Eddie: Well in my mind I didn't sound that harsh! *he laughs*

After another 10 minutes, Loren comes back in the room limping but getting support from the nurse. Eddie watches as Loren is guided to her bed and she sits down and swings her legs up and looks at them, stitch free.

Eddie: No more stitches! *he smiles*

Loren: Yeah! Now I get to go home tonight! *She says with a big smile*

Melissa: How do you feel about walking though? Can you do any... physical activities?! *She says inappropriately and winking at Loren*

Loren: Yes Mel, I can do anything as long as I'm careful.

Loren and Melissa are the only ones in the room who know what they're talking about. But soon after, Eddie catches on and laughs. 8 o'clock arrives and Nora, Max, and Melissa say goodbye and goodnight to Loren and Eddie.

Loren: *hugs her mom* See you tomorrow mom.

Nora: I can't wait. We're going to have a blast! I have the whole day planned! I'll pick you up at Eddie's around lunch time tomorrow and we'll head to lunch then the mall, then the beach, and then anything else you want to do! *she says with a big smile.*

Max: And how about you Eddie. Want to spend the day with me tomorrow?!

Eddie: Sounds great, but Jake wants me to go over a new song I wrote, with him at my apartment. *he pauses and sees his dad's upset expression on his face.* On the other hand.... I guess I could hang out with you and meet Jake later that night.

Max's face lights up.

Max: That's awesome! Me and my son a whole day! See you tomorrow. Rumor? Want to meet there?

Eddie: Sounds good. I'll see you there. Bye pop.

Max leaves and Nora gives a hug and kiss to Loren and Eddie and leaves soon after Max.

Eddie: You ready to go babe?

Loren: Yeah. I just need to put my shoes on. Where are they?

Eddie: *reaches under the bed* here they are. *starts to put them on for Loren*

Loren giggles at his sweet gesture and stands up with caution hoping her legs won't hurt. Eddie helps her up and she doesn't feel any pain.

Eddie: Are you sure your okay to walk to the car? I can get a wheel chair for you again.

Loren: Eddie, I have to get better eventually. I need to walk.

Eddie listens and holds her hand and carries Loren's bag of clothes and along with his bag. They walk to the front desk and Eddie signs Loren out of the hospital and they head to the car. Eddie opens the door for Loren and helps her in and shuts it behind her. Eddie starts the car and they drive to the penthouse. Once they arrive and Eddie opens his front door, Loren walks in first and waits for Eddie to shut the door. When Eddie turns around from shutting the door, he sees Loren standing there unbuttoning her shirt and slowly takes it off and tosses it on the floor and bites her lip. Eddie walks over to her slowly.

Eddie: Dam girl, you're sexy even when you're hurt. But I don't want you to hurt yourself too much. I'll take over here. You just sit back and relax.

Loren: I couldn't stand not putting my hands all over you in that hospital! So shut up and just kiss me!

Loren pulls Eddie in and their lips collide. Eddie quickly pulls his shirt off never breaking the intense kiss. Eddie picks Loren up and carries her to his bedroom. When Eddie lays Loren down, still never breaking the kiss.

Loren: *out of breath* I can never get enough of you Eddie Duran.

Eddie: I can never, ever stop loving you, Loren.

And the INTENSE, romantic night... continues. ;)