Chapter 30- Stitches

Loren and Eddie eventually fall asleep. Loren in Eddie's arms. In the morning, Loren opens her eyes barely enough to see the sun light peeking through the shades on the one window in the room. She looks to the other side of the room to see a doctor and nurse talking quietly. They turn around when Loren sits up and makes the bed creek slightly.

Doctor: Are you Ms. Tate?

Loren: Yes. I'm sorry I ran away from my room. *she says whispering trying not to wake Eddie*

Doctor: You know you could've bled to death right in that hallway. *he says sternly*

Loren: I know, it's just that no one would tell me where Eddie was and how he was doing so I had to find him. Plus, I didn't want to spend the night in a boring hospital roomall by myself. *she says still whispersing*

Nurse: I think I need to take you back to your room now. I'll get you a wheel chair.

Doctor: Don't desturb Mr. Duran. He needs his rest in his condition.

Loren: I'll go if you tell me one thing.

Doctor: And what is that?

Loren: Will Eddie be okay? And when can he leave?

Doctor: He can leave next week and you can leave once we sew you back up again because it seems to me your stitches have opened up. They have to heal and be taken out. Which will probably be until Tuesday. (and they are in Friday)

Loren: Will Eddie be okay?!

Doctor: I will tell you in the hallway so we don't wake up Mr. Duran.

Loren agrees and slides into the wheelchair seat, the nurse has pushed into the room for her. The nurse pushes her out of the room and through the hallways until they reach her room. The doctor opens the door for the nurse to roll Loren in. The doctor shuts the door behind Loren and the nurse.

Loren: Now tell me, will Eddie be okay?

Doctor: Well here's the thing, Eddie remembers everything, but when the doctors and I tried to test out everything he remembers about his life, he never told us that he was famous. We brought it to his attention that he was famous and he was a singer but he has totally forgot everything about that topic and refuses to admit he was famous. When he tried to sing, he says he forgot how. I'm so sorry.

Loren: What?! NO! That can't happen! He has so many fans he'll disappoint if this happens. Eddie's a superstar. He's so talented! He has to remember!

Doctor: I'm sorry. Now, is there anything I can do for you before we leave?

Loren: Can I have a visitor yet?

Doctor: Yes, they're actually on their way up the elevator to your room right now. *he says with a smile*

Loren: They?

Doctor: Your mother and friend.

Loren: Oh that's just great! *she says in a saracastic way*

Loren has never explained herself and talked to her mom since Nora figured out Loren was doing it with Eddie. Loren wasn't ready to face that yet. Soon, a nurse pop her head through the door and announces to Loren that she has visitors and before Loren could say or do anything, Nora came rushing through the door giving Loren a hug crying. Melissa walks up slowly feeling guilty for telling Nora where Loren was.