Chapter 20- Forever & Always

Loren strares back into Eddie's eyes. She keeps thinking to herself, "I'm glad that I have someone to take care of me like Eddie." Later in the day after Loren takes another nap, she wakes up and comes to it. She looks around the room and doesn't see Eddie. She gets up out of bed. When she stands up, her legs wobble and she almost falls down but she catches herself by grabbing onto the end table next to the bed. She struggles to stand up again. She finally gets up on her feet and starts walking down the stairs to Eddie's living room. She's quiet when she peeks around the corner and sees Eddie standing at the front door talking to Lily Collins the reporter yelling at her a little. Loren listens closer and eventually hears Lily say, "This isn't good for a rising star." Loren wonders what she means not knowing what has been broadcasted about her last night. Eddie slams the door and walks away from the door and starts heading toward where Loren was peeking around the corner. Loren comes out.

Loren: What was that all about? What trouble?

Eddie: Last night reporters seen me carrying you into my building with you in my arms. Paparazzi think that you were drunk and passed out.

Loren: What! *she says sounding worried.* But I wasn't. But why was Lily here?

Eddie: She was asking me to ask you if you would want to do an interview clearing up the mess once you felt better.

Loren: I want to do one tonght or as soon as possible. I don't want people to start not liking me just because someone spiked my drink!

Eddie: *walks over to her and gives her a hug.* Shhh. *puts his arms around her and one around her head to comfort her and kisses her cheek.* It's nothing to get worked up about. Now, are you feeling better or at least a little? *he says with sympathy*

Loren: Not really.  *a tear rolls down her cheek.*

Eddie: Anything I can do?

Loren: Just hold me.

Eddie smiles and picks Loren up bridal style again and takes her to his bedroom again. He sets her down on the bed and he crawls up next to her and put his arms around her and kisses her repeatedly because he knows she likes that.

Loren:  I love you, Eddie. *she whispers*

Eddie: I love you too.

A couple seconds pass by as they sit in silence taking in every word of it.

Eddie: Can you promise me something?

Loren: Yeah?

Eddie: Forever and always?

Loren: Always and forever. *she smiles at him and they share a passionate kiss.*

Loren and Eddie eventually fall asleep in eachother's arms and Loren wakes up 3 hours later. Loren looks at Eddie still sleeping. She slowly got out of bed trying so hard not to disturb Eddie. She gets up out of the bed and slowly walks over to the dresser and grabs her phone, then she slowly goes down the stairs that lead into the living room. Almost falling down the stairs because of her unstable legs, she makes it to the couch. She sits down and calls Melissa.

*ON THE PHONE*

Loren: Hey Mel. *she says in a hushed tone.*

Melissa: Hey drunk superstar!

Loren: *laughs a little* Hey now...

Melissa: What's up?

Loren: What are you doing right now?

Melissa: Just snooping around on Facebook. Why?

Loren: Can you come and pick me up so we can talk. Maybe we can go to the coffee shop for a bit?

Melissa: Why? Did Eddie do something?

Loren: No no! I'm fine, I just want to tell you about New York. I have some exciting things I can't hold back any longer!~ *she giggles still whispering.*

Melissa: Ooo la la! Did someone have a romantic night with the dreamy Edd...

Loren: *cuts Melissa's last word off.* Just be here you lunatic! *she laughs*

Melissa: All right Mrs. Duran!

Loren: Melissa!

Melissa: All right, all right! Geez! See you in a couple minutes. I'll just come up to Eddie's door.

Loren: Okay, knock quietly beacause Eddie's sleeping. He still has jet lag I guess. *she giggles*

Melissa: Will do. See you in 5 minutes.

Loren:  Okay. Bye!

Melissa:  Bye.

*LOREN HANGS UP PHONE.*

Loren walks to the kitchen and grabs a piece of paper and a pen. She writes Eddie a note.

"Eddie,

         I went out with Melissa down at the coffee shop to catch up with her. I'll be back before 5. Love you.

                             ~Loren"

Loren puts the note next to Eddie on the bed and leaves sits back on the living room couch and waits for Melissa to quietly knock on the door. After about 2 minutes she gets a text from Melissa telling her that she's outside the door. Loren gets up and quietly opens the door and gives Melissa a hug and then shuts the door quietly behind her. Melissa and Loren chat all the way down the elevator and out to Melissa's car and through the car ride about what Melissa has been doing since she got back to LA. They arrive at the coffee shop, where Loren used to work, and take a seat.

Melissa: Now tell me! What happened in New York?!!!!

Loren: I was so excited to tell you! Should I start from the beginning or should I go straight the best part?!

Melissa: From the beginning! Give me every last detail!