C h a p t e r 24

~chapter 24~

I waited one hour and then told Michael I had to go home.

"Michael, I have to go home now, my dad's probably worried sick." I said, grabbing my dry coat.

I unlocked the door and stepped out.

"Violet!"

I turned around to see Luke stepping towards me, "would you like me to walk you home?" He asked.

"Um... Okay." I hesitated but I felt safe around Luke.

'I wonder if Michael heard me shout that I was leaving.' I thought to myself.

"He heard." Luke said, "Michael heard you." He put his hands in his pockets.

Weird.

"Thanks for convincing Michael y'know, for letting me stay at his house." He kept his head down as we walked.

"S'alright." I shrugged, not really knowing how to respond.

"Since, you, um.. Work for.. William.." I stared at my shoes, "what do they actually do.. there?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"You see, William has this fascination with.. Uh.. Angels and, uh, demons," he looked up, "people say that if a demon captures an angel or takes its wings they could have internal life or power or fortune... Whatever you want really." He shrugged.

"So.. Is William a.. Demon?" I asked.

"Uh yeah." He said.

"That's why he wanted me, because apparently... I'm an angel." I explained to myself.

"Wait." I stopped in my tracks as Luke took a few more steps and turned to face me.

"What?" He asked with his eyebrow furrowed.

"Does that make Calum an angel?"

He took a step forwards.

"Does that make you a demon?"

He took another one forwards and soon he was standing right in front of me.

"Does that mean this could all just be a set-up and you just want to take me away so you can have eternal life?" I pointed a finger at his chest with my eyebrows raised.

"Yes, yes, and no." He replied.

"YOU LET THEM TAKE MY BROTHERS WINGS?" I shouted stepping backwards.

"I couldn't do anything! Plus, he's a very powerful creature we couldn't just let him go around the streets!" He yelled back.

"You could've helped him!" I was getting frustrated now.

"No! I couldn't! I'm not powerful enough!" He was getting angry and his eyes were becoming a dark shade of blue.

"You saved Calum and me though!"

"I know. But I can only do so much. When will you understand that, right here, right now, I could rip you to pieces and be the most powerful being ever." The veins in his neck were becoming more prominent and his eyes had darkened to black.

"Stay away from me." I whispered. Suddenly I felt a stabbing pain in my back.

I lurched forward and tumbled to my knees.

"Violet?" His eyes were worried.

I let out a scream as my back gave way again. I could hear cracking.

"Violet!" He lunged forward and grabbed my shoulders.

I let out another scream and turned my body round as I fell to the floor. My back arched off of the ground and I fell back again.

"Violet!" He shouted.

"Luke!" I shouted back, "get. Help." I said through gritted teeth trying to make the pain seem like nothing, which was impossible.

"I-I-I can't. I don't know what to do Vi." His eyes started watering as he picked me up.

I gripped onto his back with my nails relieving me of pain, but obviously causing him some.

"It's okay." He whispered, shushing me as tears fell from my eyes and not a second later one fell from his eye too.

"It's going to be okay." Was the last thing I heard before everything went black and my body went limp.

~~~~~~

I tried my best. I'm running out of ideas and idek anymore.

Hopefully this was... Okay?

Yeah, was it okay?

No? That's fine.

Yes? That's great.

Keeeeeeep smiling!

Xxx

P.s. thanks for 1k reads :-)))) ily guys so much