C h a p t e r 6

~chapter 6~

He looked at me and then Luke who had just come up behind me.

"Luke." He added through gritted teeth.

"Ashton." Luke said back not breaking eye contact.

I was confused.

"Wait. Am I missing something here?" I asked turning my head from Ashton to Luke to Ashton to Luke.

"I told you to stay away from her, Luke." Ashton said taking a step forward.

"I didn't know this was THE Violet; she could've been anyone!" Luke exclaimed waving his arms about.

"Hey Violet, Michael and I are-" Calum started but never finished.

"Who's this?!" Ashton asked me, obviously talking about Calum.

"His name is Calum." I stated and smiled, "he is my friend."

Calum smiled back.

Luke sighed and started to walk away.

"Where're you going?" I asked him.

"Well, I'm not allowed to be friends with you according to your dumbass brother. So... Um.. Bye?" He said, sounding more like a question towards the end. He stuck out his hand and I was about to shake it when Ashton grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"What was that for?" I shouted at him.

"Just... Just... Stay away from him okay?" He said looking me in the eye. "He's not like you and me."

And with that he walked off leaving a stunned me and a stunned Calum.

"Violet...?" Calum asked.

"Yeah?" I turned to face him.

"Who were they?" He asked curiously but slowly.

"The one who was slightly shorter was my brother, Ashton. And the other one was Luke." I explained pointing to Luke who was now sitting on a chair staring at the ground.

"Oh, okay." He said scratching the back of his neck. He always did that when he talked to me. I thought it was pretty cute.

"Oh, yeah, um, Michael and I are gonna go now, we'll see you later, okay?" He asked.

I hugged his waist.

"Okay. And thanks." I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"For... Being my friend." I said quietly and pulled back looking him in the eye.

Calum was nice. He had Dark hair and tanned skin. He was funny. He was my... Friend.

"Say bye to Michael for me, alright." I asked and patted his shoulder as I walked away.

"Okay." He breathed out and turned around to head out the door.

The party was at its peak now as you could see the alcohol was working perfectly.

Bodies filled the rooms as I tried to make my way back to the kitchen.

"I thought I told you to leave." I heard a voice from behind me.

"And I thought you were told to stay away from me." I said back whilst smirking.

"Not my fault we both wanted a drink." He stated and walked cautiously around me.

"Why doesn't my brother like you?" I asked Luke. I was extremely curious and he and Ashton were the only ones who had a clue what was going on.

"It's a long story for another time." He said not looking me in the eyes.

I took that as my cue to leave.

"I'm gonna go now, I'm partied out for the whole frickin year."

I said as I looked at my watch.

It was 10:30 and I still had to get home.

I walked out of the kitchen grabbing a beer just before I left.

It was cold outside so I decided to pull my jumper sleeves down over my hands as I hadn't bothered to bring a coat. I took a sip from my beer bottle and decided it wasn't the best idea to be drinking whilst trying to find my way home in the night.

Why didn't I leave when Calum and Michael did?

"You say that one more time and I will stab you." I heard come from a corner I was about to reach.

No one said anything. All I heard was silence and them something dropping to the ground. Or someone.

"Hey!" I shouted as I jumped round the corner.

To my surprise there was nothing there.

I must've been hearing things. But there was a knife, on the floor.

I bent down to pick it up.

A hand covered my mouth and my hands were tied.

"Don't scream or we'll stab him again." A man behind me said as I turned to look at the other victim.

Ashton.