C h a p t e r 38

~chapter 38~

Sighing, I closed my eyes and placed my head on the concrete flooring, resting my head in my arms and waiting for the sobs and wails that Luke had managed to fill the whole room with to stop.

I had crawled back to my side of the dark, musty room after I decided that I could no longer comfort him. He just cried and cried and cried. Why was I so important?

I'm a nobody.

A useless member of society.

A person who, even though, works extremely hard, can never seem to do better than the others who surround her.

A tear slipped from my eye. All the people crying and my thoughts have overwhelmed me. Another one fell. But I stayed lying there, in a fixed position, letting them fall.

I squeezed my eyes tightly when I heard my name.

"Vi..?" The croaky voice asked.

I lifted my head. Luke was now slumped against the wall just like the shabby boys next to him. He wasn't thrashing around or crying, his face just held sadness and loss of hope.

"Do you think we'll get out of here?" He asked, seeming like a small child who had just lost his favourite toy.

"I.. I don't know." I said, pushing my hair away from my face and sitting up.

"Oh." He said, "you usually know what to say. Y'know, to comfort others. You've never been afraid to speak up."

His face turned into a frown and he wiped his eye with the sleeve of his jumper, eyes still locked with mine.

But I looked away. Looking at the floor was less painful than looking at the broken exterior he showed with his hypnotising blue eyes.

"Maybe I am afraid," I let a tear fall again, "I just want to be normal," a sob this time, covering my face with my hands, "I want to be liked, don't you see?"

And I did want to be liked. All my life I've spent thinking why others didn't like me, why my mother left us, why my dad decided to leave when the past came flooding back; these were the questions I asked myself day in and day out.

But I think that's why others didn't like me. I thought too much. I was inquisitive. I was needy. But that's me.

Leaving the thoughts swimming around in my mind, I let my eyes wonder back to the beautiful boy in front of me.

Why was I oh so important to him?

And then his eyes widened and his head turned to look at the glowing light that had seeped in from underneath the door. Was that there before? But before I could ask, it swung open, banging the wall < a/n cheeeeeky ;-) > causing a loud noise to echo around the small room.

"Up! All of you!" It shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought I'd update because I was thinking about it and the VMAs were disappointing? Idek what was going on half the time tbh. 5SOS WERE GOOD THOUGH, AM I RIGHT?!?

Anyway... Sorry for the... Slightly depressing bit it just came over me < no pun intended --- or maybe I just have a dirty mind idk ;-))) >

Why am I putting an authors note inside an authors note? Sigh

Sorry.... I'm not a writer but I'm doing this for you guys *smiles lovingly*

Vote?

Comment?

Love you x Stephanie xx