C h a p t e r 17

~chapter 17~

The more I pondered over my thoughts, the more insane I got. Y'know, being stuck in a dark room with only the light coming from the window and the door can make you go crazy.

I think that's what'd happened to Harry. Every time I asked him a question he would mumble something and then look away. He looked mad.

And every time I asked Calum a question he would just ignore me.

I was fed up with there resistance.

"GUYS!" I shouted. Both Calum and Harry jumped at my sudden outburst.

"IF WE'RE GOING TO BE STUCK IN THIS ROOM WE MIGHT ASWELL COMMUNICATE LIKE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS!" I shouted quickly.

I know I had already told Harry this, but I thought I'd just remind him.

Suddenly the door made a clicking noise and someone new was placed into the room.

Since I was sitting down, I crawled toward the being. It was a boy.

I pushed the hair away from his face. It was Ashton.

I held his face in my hands and kissed his forehead lovingly.

"Who is it?" I heard Calum ask. He crawled beside me.

"It's Ashton." I answered.

"He's your 'long lost brother', right?"

"Yep." I nodded my head.

"Oh no," we heard Harry speak behind us, making Calum and I turn our heads toward him, "they've got him. They've got all of us," I crawled next to Harry as he started to rock back and forth, "we're gonna die."

"Harry.. What're you talking about?" I placed my arm around him and brought him toward me, his head resting on my shoulder.

"He was our only hope. Now they've got him. He's the strongest, and once they're done with him, they'll start on us." He closed his eyes as I rubbed his forehead. He seemed to like the affection.

"They'll take away what we have and leave us with nothing," he was falling asleep, "nothing..."

I sighed and made a 'what do I do now?' face at Calum. He returned with a shrug of the shoulders as he placed his fingers on Ashton's wrist.

"Whatcha doin?" I whispered.

"I'm checking his pulse." He said bluntly as if I was stupid.

'You are stupid.'

"Oh." I looked down.

"I'm sorry." Calum said, which made me head shoot up.

"I'm sorry too." And I down know why, but I started crying.

Calum crawled over to me and held my hands in his.

"Don't cry," he said, "there's no need to cry."

I slowly lifted Harry's head from my shoulder and placed him on the floor.

I hugged Calum, still crying.

"I'm so so sorry," I sobbed into his shirt, "I've been a rubbish friend for the past 6 years, and all you've ever done is been nice to me," I continued sobbing, "I don't deserve you."

I pulled back.

"No, Violet, it's been a pleasure to be your friend. Every minute that I spent with you was lovely because you're different. And different is good." He had each hand on one shoulder.

"Thanks."

The door clicked open.

"Has he woken up yet?" A stranger asked.

"No." I said, guessing he was referring to Ashton.

"Oh, I'll guess I'll just start with one of you." He started walking towards me.

"Um... What do you mean?" I asked as I took a step back.

"We'll show you. Nothing will hurt you, I promise." He said as something was shoved into the palm of my hand.

"Ow." I cradled my hand. "What was that for?"

My back was up against the wall and I slid down it, feeling my eyes get droopy.

"What did you do to her?!" A voice, Calum's, shouted.

"Take one step closer and you will end up like her."

"I mean it."

"Ow!" A voice shouted, everything that was being said sounded muffled.

"I told you."

And then I was lifted up.

Strange thing was, I could still hear and feel everything, but I was numb.

~~~~~~

Oh my god.

This book is rubbish.

Thanks for reading.

Think book sucks.

Oh my god.

Nobody likes reading it.

I suck at writing.

Don't rub it in my face.

See ya later.

S x