C h a p t e r 22

~chapter 22~

"Hello there, dear." A voice came from behind me. I turned around to find nothing there.

"Hello? Who are you?" I shouted into the darkness with no end.

"No one." They whispered in my ear from behind again making me scream.

I closed my eyes and counted to ten.

The figure was sitting at a table in front of me, but I still couldn't see their face.

"No use closing your eyes, honey."

"What?"

"I said 'NO USE CLOSING YOUR EYES, HONEY!' GOSH HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET?" They shouted whilst banging their fist on the hard wood.

"SPEAK UP GIRL AND STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM YOUR PROBLEMS!" They shouted, still banging their fist on the table, noise getting louder and louder making me shake and finally ..

I screamed and opened my eyes to hear someone banging on the door.

I looked around the room and recognised it as Michael's.

"MICHAEL OPEN UP!" A manly voice shouted from outside.

I looked towards the other end of the couch, where Michael was sleeping.

"Michael, psst." I whispered, prodding his shoulder.

He stirred and opened his eyes.

"What?" He snapped. The banging on the door continued.

"Oh no. Keep quiet." He whispered and put a finger over his lips.

He got up and peered out of the window.

"Sugar. He's been looking for me for ages. How'd he find me?" He asked himself, sitting back on the sofa resting his elbows on his knees.

"Who?" I asked.

"No one." He said.

"MICHAEL!" The person shouted through the letter box, "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" They sounded desperate.

I got up from my seat and walked toward the hallway and stood in the doorframe.

"Violet.. Don't you dare." He stood up, and looked me dead in the eyes.

"They sound kind of desperate! They could be, I dunno, bleeding?" I asked him.

"Ugh. They're fine." He said and sat down again.

"MICHAEL." They shouted one last time and then bursted into tears with their head on the glass of the door.

I looked at Michael worriedly and he did the same to me.

"Please, open the door." I said to him. The sound of the person crying was starting to make me cry also.

Michael pulled himself up and dragged himself guiltily towards the door.

He looked at me one last time before the door swung open to reveal a pleasant surprise.

~~~~~~~

OMG an update! Wow!

You actually did it, Stephanie!

Anyway... If you could like... Um... Comment, vote?

And all that jazz ;-)

S x