C h a p t e r 11

~chapter 11~

"What do you mean?" I asked looking him in the eyes. He stepped away from me.

"It's a very long story.." He said looking down at the ground.

"We have time." I said as I sat down.

"Um.. Yeah." He said and sat down next to me. He started to fiddle with his hands.

"When I was 5, and you would've been 3, we were inseparable and I had just started school, y'know. Our family was normal." He explained looking at the trees in the distance.

"And one day, something strange happened and to this day we don't know what or why it happened."

I nodded to show I was listening even though he wasn't even looking at me.

"She committed suicide. I was the one who found her." He looked down at the grass.

"At the age of 5 I didn't know what to do, so I ran to dad's work," he turned to me, "I had been there before."

"And?" I asked. He looked away again.

"When I entered the building I wasn't expecting to see some woman basically eating my dad's face." He sighed.

"He told me to never ever tell mum what he was doing, but I just pulled his hand and took him home. It was terrifying, the look on his face."

He pushed a hand through his hair.

"She hasn't 'left', she died."

"Oh." I said.

"All dad did was blame everything on me after that, 'Ashton it's your fault Violet won't stop crying at night!', 'it's your fault we don't have enough money for the bills!' And 'its your fault your mother left!' That one hit me like a ton of bricks." He closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"But where did you go?" I asked. He opened his eyes and gulped.

"... A foster home. In Sydney."

That explained his accent.

"Oh."

That was all I could say. Actions speak louder than words, right? So I leant forward and hugged him from the side. I felt his arm wrap around me and I closed my eyes.

The only thing that was bothering me now was I didn't feel like he was telling the complete truth.

~~~~~

Cheeky chapter. If you do read this, you don't mind voting do you?

... This was a bit of a filler chapter, it just gave you what seemed like an insider on their lives before hand... Hmmmm...