C h a p t e r 16

~chapter 16~

I woke up on the floor in a dark room, again.

Only, this room had an open window. Well, it had bars on it too. The ceiling, from what I could see, had damp and there was a small light bulb dangling from it. Obviously not on.

"Hello, again."

I yelped and turned my head in the direction of the noise.

"Harry?" I asked, "you're still here?"

"Yes, and yes." He replied smartly. He was slumped on the far wall with his legs out straight in front of him. He looked the same as he did before only he had a small cut on his eyebrow but i couldn't see much.

"Your friend still hasn't woken up." He stated, nodding his head toward the boy lying on the ground in front of me.

How did I not notice Calum lying right in front of me?

I'm so stupid.

"Oh," I didn't know what to say, "just let him sleep, whatever I was given to sleep was obviously given to him too."

I fiddled with my fingers.

"He should wake up soon then." Harry seemed so calm.

"Why are you so calm?" I asked.

"I can't get out of here,"

"Why?"

"I have something they want,"

"What? What do they want Harry?"

"Me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Even if I try to escape, they'll find me." He was staring at the wall beside me.

"Who?"

"They will find me. They always find me." He pulled his knees up to his chest.

"Who does?"

"They chased me like they're chasing your brother," he started rocking back and forth, "we have something they need."

"HARRY!" I shouted. He immediately uncurled himself and a sleepy Calum's head shot up.

"I'm sorry, I did it again, didn't I?" Harry asked whilst running his hands through his hair.

"What's going on?" Calum asked me pushing himself up from the floor and wiping his mouth from dribble.

"Nothing, everything's just dandy." I replied sarcastically.

Calum sat down next to me and rubbed his eyes.

"Who's the wacko over there?" Calum asked me, trying not to sound rude.

"He's Harry. I think he's been here a while." I whispered back, leaning closer to Calum and then leaning away again. I laid my head on the wall behind me and let out a deep breath.

I want Ashton.

I miss home.

Why me?

"Can I have a hug please?" I so desperately needed one and if I didn't get one within the next minute I think I might cry.

"What?" Calum asked with a worried face.

"Can I have a hug please?" I fiddled with my fingers.

"Yes- wait no!" He crossed his arms.

"Why not?"

"You looked through my journal and then practically handed it over to William." I could tell he felt guilty and so did I.

"Oh." I looked down. You could cut the tension with a knife.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot to say. There's a boy that's been waiting outside the door for you," Harry pointed towards the door, "I can see him from here."

The door had a glass window at the top and duck-tape covered the edges of it too.

I stood up using the wall to help balance me because my legs were jelly. I slowing made my way towards the door and knocked on the window.

I knew it was Luke from the back of his head. He turned around and opened his eyes up wide.

I put my head on the cool glass and closed my eyes. I wasn't feeling so good. When I reopened my eyes Luke had his forehead pressed against the glass too but he was staring at me.

"I'm sorry." He mouthed the words to me whilst his eyes were locked with mine.

I put my right hand beside my head onto the glass and he place his left hand on the other side, right where mine was, except his was twice the size.

I smiled.

"It's okay." I mouthed back. I had only just noticed the split in his lip and his slightly bruised eye.

I took my hand off the glass and turned around and sat next to Calum who was looking at me for an explanation.

"I hate that boy." I whispered, smirking to myself because I knew it wasn't true.

He was trying to help me.

He was my angel.

~~~~~

Oh my gosh this one's actually pretty long, right?

'No stephanie, it's rubbish'

Why thank you.

Vote?