C h a p t e r 19

~chapter 19~

I stomped up the road with an awkward Calum at my heals.

I turned into the park where I usually go.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this." I said to Calum as I sat down in the grass.

I put my elbows on each knee and let out a sigh.

"S'okay." He replied simply and joined me sitting on the floor.

"How does William know you?" I asked Calum keeping my eyes glued to the children having fun in the distance.

"It's a long story.. I bumped into him a few nights ago but I ran away. Someone must've followed me home or something." He said as he fiddled with the grass.

"How do you know him?"

"Um.. Y'know that party we went to? Well, when I left I got 'attacked' and that's when I saw..." I started, "nevermind."

Calum knew not to push me any further.

Suddenly we heard sniffles coming from behind us.

We turned our heads. I stood up and motioned toward the little gazebo not that far away from us.

Calum stood up too and I tiptoed toward the spray painted shack.

"Hello?" I asked, "hello?"

The sniffles were louder but the person was obviously trying to cover them.

"It hurts, it hurts so much." The person said to us. The echos from the gazebo were making it hard to hear them.

"What does? Where are you?"

"I'm.. Over... Here.." The crying person said louder.

I turned to the left.

"Ashton? Are you alright?"

I rushed to his side and hugged him. He hissed in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He just started crying even harder. Calum joined me on the ground, but on the other side of Ashton.

I grabbed Ashton's arm and pulled him up as Calum did the same.

"C'mon," I said, "lets get you out of here, it's freezing."

He was still crying as we pulled him out of the gazebo and into the natural daylight.

"What's wrong?" I asked holding his cheeks.

"They- they took them."

"What did they take?"

He lifted up the back of his shirt to reveal two, large cuts on each shoulder blade.

I heard Calum gasp.

"It's like my journal." He touched the cut carefully with his index finger and traced it, "it's like the drawings in my journal."

"What drawings?" I asked him.

"The drawings of the angels without their wings." He continued to touch Ashton's back in amazement.

"Wait, what?"

"They took his wings, Violet," he dropped his hand as Ashton turned toward us, "and they want ours now."

~~~~~~~

I'm kinda running out of ideas so I kinda want the ending to be like

Woah

But don't worry, it's not ending yet haha

I just need some inspiration bc I'm lost. If you want you can leave ideas and questions :)

Vote?

S x