C h a p t e r 29

~chapter 29~

Turns out I did fall asleep when we arrived home. My back was killing me and Ashton told me to sleep it off, which is what I did.

"Violet.. Violet..." A sinister voice whispered from around the corner, "I know you're there."

I closed my eyes, breathing out.

'Its just a dream, it's just a dream.' I told myself.

I reopened my eyes and screamed, seeing Luke's face 5cm away from mine but his eyes were pure black and his face held a cat-like smile.

"I told you I knew." He whispered, his face getting closer to mine until our lips were brushing. His eyes were still dark and empty.

I closed my eyes again, in fright.

SMASH!

I leapt up from my cosy bed and it's covers and made my way towards the kitchen, shivering. Trying to forget about my nightmare.

"Oh, hey." I said to Calum, walking past the kitchen and into the living room.

Calum? What's he doing here?

I took a few steps back.

"Calum?" I asked.

"Hi." He said, staring at the shattered glass cup he must've dropped earlier.

He bent down, picking up a few big pieces and putting them in the lift-up bin.

"Where's Ashton?" I asked, walking up to the kitchen table.

"He went out shopping and he asked me to look after you so.. I did."

He continued to pick up glass pieces. I would offer to help but he'll probably decline it anyway.

"Just wondering... Does that mean you have wings?"

"Errr... What do you mean?" He asked.

"Like, do you have wings?" Repeating my question again.

"Yeah." He sighed, "I'm not very powerful and I'll never be as powerful as your brother was."

"Oh, why not?" I was curious.

"Because my dad was an angel. Your parents were both angels. My mum is... Well, normal, I guess." He explained. I nodded my head.

"Although, Ashton still has minor powers, you know that?" He asked. I shook my head, "yeah, he still has strength and mind control."

"Wait, if he still has strength and mind control, couldn't he have just, like, punched Luke?"

"Angels are sworn never to lay a finger on someone who has the potential of killing but knows they could never do the deed of actually killing someone." He told me, "and plus, mind control doesn't work on demons."

"Oh."

"Yeah..." He bent down and brushed the smaller pieces into his hand, then tipping his hand over the bin, pouring the small fragments inside, making the light reflect like fairy dust.

"It's so pretty." I said, watching his hands brush the remaining fine dust into the bin.

He turned and looked at me, giving a small smile, "I know. They're so pretty."

He stood up straight, and looked me directly in the eyes with a warm emotion.

"Beautiful, in fact."

~~~~~~~

Cheeky Calum.

Sorry, I haven't updated. I'm just a let down, I know. No need to tell me more than a thousand times.

I hopefully will be continuing the other book, I just started school again and I prefer going on Wattpad on the computer since its easier to type on than my iPod. But, I don't really want my brother walking in on me typing because he's a judgemental moron.

Vote?

Comment?

Stay beautiful? Oh wait, that's easy for you guys!

Bye chummies :-)

xxx