C h a p t e r 41

I haven't updated in ages bc if had writers block and exams and it's christmas and I felt bad so yeah, here's another chapter... Enjoy? And I'm sorry if the gif doesn't work

~~~

Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't seen his pretty blue eyes in a while or his face full of colour or they way he was holding so tightly to my hand, but I had missed him.

But as his eyes opened stiffly and the light in the room made his pupils shrink to a tiny dot, his mouth parted and soon he was choking.

Ashton pushed me back, locking his arms over my shoulders so I couldn't move as the grip Luke had on my hand tightened.

His body started to twitch, his head shaking back and forth as gagging noises escaped his throat. I started crying but only because it looked as if he was having a seizure... Or maybe that he had a death grip on my hand which made the bones in my fingers crush against each other.

I screamed out in pain and hid my face in Ashton's jumper, whimpering. He lowered his head and rested it on top of mine, kissing it softly as the choking noises began to fade.

I let out another sob.

"C'mon, c'mon." He said into the musky air around us, "you can do this." He let out a shaky breath and hugged me even tighter.

"Is he okay?" I said, looking up at Ashton in anticipation.

He leant down and whispered to me, "is he still holding your hand firmly?"

I nodded, stroking my thumb over the fingers.

"I can't look." I said, letting out a sniffle.

"Why not?" He asked, pushing his forehead against mine.

"I don't know." I answered back, my voice cracking.

Ashton smiled as he pressed a kiss to my forehead, "just turn your head, Violet. He's fine."

I nodded slowly, not wanting to take my eyes away from Ashton like a child not wanting to be parted from their parents on their first day of school. (A/n I ran off as quick as I could on my first day *shrugs* and I didn't look back tbh)

I turned my head so very slowly, afraid of the being which lay before me.

But I felt my eyes soften at the way he was staring at me with such admiration and the way his mouth turned up into a smile and the way his thumb brushed over mine.

He didn't move though. His legs remained still as I lunged into his open arms and let out a sob into his dusty shoulder. I could feel him shaking as he cried into my shoulder, sniffling every now and then.

However when I pulled back, my heart broke as he continued to sob.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pushing his hair away from his face.

"I-I-I can't- I can't feel my legs." He let out another sob, covering his face.

"No, it's okay, I'm sure they're fine." I said, as I pushed his hands away from his face, "they're probably just broken."

He nodded as I felt Ashton place a hand on my left shoulder.

"Let's go home now."

~~~~

Short af and rubbish af but it's christmas and I wanted to give you guys something :-)
Btw I might put another chapter up soon *yay*

And would you rather it ended sadly (nobody's going to die, dw) or everYTHING HAPPY bc personally I love little twists at the end but hey! If you guys want it full of happiness, why not?

I hope you all had a very merry christmas x
I certainly tried to

Stephanie x