C h a p t e r 21

~chapter 21~

I yelped from the unexpected voice.

"What are you doing here, Violet?"

The boy asked again. I'm not sure i wanted to see him, but I needed him at this point.

"I don't know, Mikey." I said as i shivered, crossing my arms over my chest, the rain still pouring down on me. It was like a monsoon.

"Get in the car." He said as he closed his window.

Without hesitation I walked round his car and hopped in the passenger seat.

"I might get your car a bit wet." I said as I plugged my seatbelt in.

"That's what she said." Michael smirked, and put the car in gear.

"Gross! Michael!" I laughed at his immaturity.

Only minutes ago I was crying.

"But seriously, why are you down here?" He asked not taking his eyes off the road.

"I was in the park near my house, and I decided to walk and I found a gas station which had a cute guy in it and a book shop and then it rained and I cried," I said quickly, "and a creepy old lady shouted at me." I said whilst taking my damp socks off.

"Oh. Why are you taking your socks off?" He asked pulling up to the side of the road.

"Why not?" I asked, stepping out of his car with bare feet.

He opened his car door and walked up the pathway to, what I'm guessing, his house.

I trotted along the gravel and ran up to his front door.

"Quick!" I yelled at him as he shook his head chuckling to himself.

Michael unlocked the door, and took his shoes off as I sat and wiped my feet on the door mat.

"Nice place." I commented. The walls were white, and to the right, was an open plan living room/kitchen area. It was cute.

"Thanks." He muttered, running up stairs.

"Oy! Don't leave me down here!" I shouted up at him.

He hopped back down the stairs and shoved a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt and a pair of socks in my hands.

"Go change or you'll die from being too cold." He said and pushed me up the stairs. "Second door on your right."

This time, I decided not to snoop because last time I did, I managed to read that persons dark secrets about angels and whatnot, which I still don't think is real.

I opened the door to find a small bathroom.

I changed into the clothes and grabbed a deodorant can, I don't care if its Michael's he'll just have to deal with it.

Opening the door, quietly and tiptoeing downstairs I find Michael watching the TV.

"You can stay for the night. No one else lives here." He asked.

"I thought you didn't like people staying over. You've said it before." I stated as I sat down next to him on the couch.

"I don't."

"Then why let me?" I ask.

"Because sometimes in life, you have to do things you're scared of doing. And having a sleepover has been on my bucket list since I was 8. But, I've always been too scared to have one myself."

"Oh. Cute. You have a bucket list." I smile and bite my nails. Why was he scared of having a sleepover?

"You are being really sarcastic and mean today aren't you?" He asked, laughing lightly.

"Yes, yes I am." I giggled. I never knew Michael that well, which is weird since I have been his friend for as long as I can remember.

"Do you have a bucket list?" He asks me, grabbing a game controller from underneath his tv.

"Not really, but one thing that would be on it would be to travel the world, y'know. I love flying places." I said as I picked up a blanket from the side.

"Oh. Cute. You actually have an imagination." He said mocking me from earlier.

I leant against the end of the couch, propping my feet on his thighs.

"Night, Michael." I whispered, closing my eyes.

"Night, Violet."

~~~~~~~~

I thought this chap was cute :-)

Sorry I haven't updated in like... 25 days... I have gcse options coming up for all of you who don't really care about my life.

Just sayin'.

Smile.

S x