C h a p t e r 10

~chapter~

I legged it out the door and down the road, not even glancing back at Luke. I was intrigued by him, he scared me yet I knew he cared for me. And I wasn't sure why.

I stopped running and looked behind me.

Nothing, only houses after houses in a small street.

I had no idea where I was. I continued walking, glancing behind me every so often.

I heard a rustle.

I looked toward the bush and slowly made my way over to where the noise had come from. It shocked me when a cat decided to jump out and walk away from me down the street.

Soon, the middle of the night became early morning and it seemed I had been walking for about 2 hours. It felt like eternity.

I came to a halt when I read the street name, 'Barnabus Avenue'.

This was my road. I turned into the avenue and began walking to my house.

My hair was sticky and I probably looked like a druggie but all I wanted was a hot bath.

I hopped up the steps, skipping every other one and jumping the last one since it was an odd number and rung the doorbell.

Lola answered, my 4 year old sister.

"Violet!" She shouted, hugging my knees and then stepping back to look at my face.

I stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

"Violet?" I heard my father say as he popped his head round the corner from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You didn't go looking for Ashton did you? You've been gone all night!" He shouted at me.

I rolled my eyes and made my way up the stairs. I picked up my phone.

No new messages.

I'm so popular, aren't I?

Sighing, I picked out some clean clothes and went to take a bath.

After my bathing I tiptoed down the stairs and opened up the front door.

I hopped down the steps how I normally would and turned toward the park since I needed time to clear my head.

How did everyone know about me?

Why is Ashton only telling me he's my brother now?

I walked up to a bench and sat down, staring at the ground in front of me. I loved the park, it was the place I would go to if I was sad or confused.

"Violet." A male voice startled me out of my thoughts.

I looked up to find Ashton.

"Ashton." I nodded at him to show he could sit down next to me.

"I'm sorry." He said as he took a seat next to me.

His face was perfectly fine. Every time he was hurt, some how he would act or look liked nothing had happened.

"You should be. You've caused so much trouble for me." I was getting slightly angry now.

"Please forgive me." He asked looking me in the eyes.

"I can't forgive you. I walked home for 2 hours straight from a random house because I was kidnapped. You got me there in the first place. It's all your fault!" I shouted at him and stood up.

"You're right. It's always my fault." He slung his head low.

I sighed.

"You know what I think? If it weren't for Luke I wouldn't have gotten home." I answered honestly because I doubt Ashton would've tried to look for me.

"Luke?" He looked up, "what the hell did Luke do to help you?" He asked in disbelief.

"It just so happened that he was one of William's 'helpers' or whatever and he let me free," I pulled the beanie I was wearing down a bit, "I doubt you would've even tried looking for me."

He looked hurt.

"Violet! After you were gone, guess what I did? I cried. I lost you again. I sat there and fricking cried and that's not what a man does."

He stood up to try and make eye level with me.

"I don't want to lose you again; I only just found you." He whispered.

~~~~~

My chapters are so short, sorry haha