C h a p t e r 4

~chapter 4~

A few moments silence was all it took for my hope to fizzle. There was no way could wake up now.

But A blink that's all it took for me to smile.

He blinked and smiled back.

"Thanks." He said still lying on the ground and blood still around him.

How could he be conscious? He's lost so much blood.

"For what?" I asked. I was curious as to why he was thanking me.

He slowly got up. How? It was like he wasn't hurt. There were only a few cuts on his arm, and his lip was bleeding but the back of his head was a mess.

He looked me in the eye as I stood up.

"For everything." He said as he hugged me.

It felt weird. But nice. Like I'd felt his hugs before.

He pulled away and cupped my face, planting a kiss on my forehead. He gave me a small smile and then turned around.

"I'll see you soon." He said as he walked away.

What? Where was he going? He's hurt. He just fell down a bunch of concrete stairs.

"Wait!" I called out after him. He turned around and gave me a wave.

"Bye." I whispered as I pushed my hair back from my face.

I turned back to the house and spotted my dad.

"How could you? YOU MONSTER!" I screamed at him as I ran up the steps to the open front door.

"HE'S THE MONSTER, VIOLET!" He shouted back making me flinch.

"You just pushed him down some concrete steps and he got up like nothing happened. Why? WHY?!" I was getting frustrated now. What was going on?

"HE'S NO GOOD. HE MAY BE YOUR BROTHER BUT HE'S DIFFERENT. I-i'm going for a walk." He said and pushed past me and slammed the door after him.

What does that mean? 'He's different?'

I slowly walked up to my room as I checked the time.

7:30.

Woah. Time flies when you're having a family crisis with a random stranger who claims to be your brother.

I had thirty minutes to shower, get changed and put make up on but it was still disturbing me. How he just got up and walked away.

A shower and a few outfit changes later I had decided on going in a pair of my dark wash jeans and a baggy Mickey Mouse jumper.

I dried my hair and pulled my fringe back, attempting to make it look like I hadn't just been crying.

I left my house wondering who he was. Ashton Irwin? Same surname. But how come I've never heard of him?

I sat on the wall outside my house and swung my feet.

It was times like these that silence was golden.

I looked back where Ashton was laying just thirty minutes ago. The blood was gone. It was like magic.

Why now? Why would he come back now? These questions ran through my mind as the bushes in front of me rustled.

Then they rustled again.

I jumped off the wall and was about to step into the road when I saw Calum's car drive up to me.

That was weird.

I opened the car door and hopped in the back.

"Hey, Violet!" Calum exclaimed.

"Hey, Vi." Michael said aswell. He was never an enthusiastic person.

"Hi." I said back simply with a small smile.

"You ready for a party?" Calum asked as we pulled up to the house.

I sighed.

"I guess."