C h a p t e r 26

~chapter 26~

I was still sitting next to Luke when Ashton came rushing down the stairs.

"Hey, Vi, I've had an idea. Since this house is empty and stuff..," he started, "could I stay here for a while with you?"

I nodded my head and smiled at him as he stood in the doorframe.

"You alright, Luke?" I asked, turning to face Luke, "you've been staring at the TV for like 10 minutes.." I chuckled.

"Maybe it's time he goes." Ashton said, walking towards Luke, reaching his hand out towards him.

"Um.. Yeah." He grabbed Ashton's hand and he yanked him up.

"Thanks mate." Luke said nodding towards Ashton.

"Yeah." Was all Ashton could say as he guided Luke towards the front door.

"What was that?" Luke asked, turning his head towards the staircase like he heard a noise from upstairs.

"What was what? It's probably your demon senses, isn't it?" Ashton said in an irritated tone, "isn't it? Huh Luke?"

Luke stayed silent and turned his head to face the floor.

"Awe. Luke knows I'm right, so he's not arguing. It's a shame, really," Ashton continued to manipulate him, "you'd be a really nice person, a good person, if you weren't a worthless demon who craves power."

Ashton laughed.

"This is so fun! He can't do much. Can you?" He poked Luke's chest, "nope. He's a wimp. He stole my wings. He just wants to be like us, Vi." Ashton spat, "he'll never be like us, Vi."

I couldn't stop Ashton. My body wouldn't move and my throat had tightened. I would say something to help Luke, but I can't.

"You're just a copy. You're not significant. There are so many others just like you, out there. But you're the one I'll remember; the coward."

And that's when Luke broke. He pushed his forearm across Ashton's neck and backed him into the wall.

"Stop." He whispered, his eyes growing dark.

"I can't do much but you're weak, Luke." Ashton said back, Luke's forearm still spread across his neck.

Luke pressed his arm further into his neck and then exchanged his arm for his hand.

"Say that again; Call me weak." Luke challenged Ashton.

I stood there motionless in the doorframe watching from only a metre or two away.

"You're weak, Luke. Physically and emotionally." Ashton strained.

Luke's grip around Ashton's neck tightened and I could see Ashton's face going red, then purple and his eyes shutting slowly, then Luke released his grip on him, letting Ashton fall to the floor.

Luke turned and looked me in the eyes. They looked sad and guilty but mostly angry. Then he started to walk over.

I backed up, into the living room.

"Luke..." I said, still stepping backwards.

His eyes were still dark and crazed. He looked mad.

He grabbed my hair and pulled me into the hallway as I screamed out in pain.

He slammed my head against the wall above where Ashton was now unconscious.

I fell next to him and touched the back of my head. I hissed in pain and looked up at Luke with pleading eyes. He looked like he was about to hit me.

"Luke, please." I whispered, a tear falling down my cheek. I turned my head toward Ashton and brushed his hair out of his face with my hand.

I looked back at Luke. All the anger in his eyes hand disappeared and now he was looking as guilty as ever.

He ran his hand through his hand and sighed, looking at the blood smear on the wall behind me. He turned back to me, opening his mouth like he was about to say something

"Go." I whispered, "you monster."

His eyes filled with tears as he turned towards the door, pulling the handle and walking off, slamming the door behind him.

"Ashton." I whispered, stroking his cheek, "wake up."

My eyes were fading into darkness and before I knew it, I was asleep, next to an unconscious Ashton, on the floor, in the hallway of my house.

~~~~~~~~

She always seems to faint or something at the end of a chapter.. Whoops.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.. ^_^

I went to see divergent today, it's amazing, seriously. Go watch it. Like now. Or tomorrow. Or whenever you like, I'm not peer pressuring you into anything lol

Bye, chummies.

Remember: smile :-----)