C h a p t e r 1

It was normal.
Well, it was normal for everyone.

School.
You either loved it or hated it.

I hated it.
Nothing about school was good, it was dull.

The gates I walked up to we're black and flaking. I had no friends either. so there was no need to wait for someone.

I walked through the glass doors in my big black jumper and dark skinnies along with my white converse.

No one understood why I had no friends at home. I knew why. They thought I was a freak. To be honest, there was nothing wrong with me, I was naturally skinny but, as some would say, had a feisty personality.

Making my way towards my locker I could feel eyes on me. Burning holes through the back of my head.

"What do you want Calum?" I asked as I turned around to the boy standing across from me, leaning against his locker.

"Well... Um.. I.." He pondered over his words.

"Just spit it out." I said as I made my way towards him. Calum could be considered a friend, I guess. We sat together in class and ate lunch together along with his friend Michael. But, I never spoke; I just observed.

"Michael and I were wondering if you'd like to... Um... Come to a party with us?" He questioned himself as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I took a step closer to him and stood on my tippy toes so that I was the same level. I then squinted my eyes for a few seconds whilst he shrunk down a bit.

"Sure." I said whilst smiling and stepped back again.

"For a second there, I thought you were going to knee me in the balls for asking." He said whilst gaining his breath back.

I decided to ignore his comment.

"When is this 'party'?" I asked curiously. I knew I didn't have to ask my parents if I could go. I would just... Go.

"We'll pick you up at, say, 8?" He said slightly less scared.

"Cool. See ya later alligator!" I said in a cheesy American accent and nudged him in the arm. I heard him chuckle under his breath whilst I walked away.

"Bye." He said quietly.

"Bye." I said turning around and giving him a small wave.

A/N

... And you still don't know her name ooooohhhh :0000

I'm joking you'll know soon.

Sorry the first chapters (or the whole book) is crappy - I'm not the best at English writing, but I'm finding it fun :) thanks