Ch. 58: Love Potions and poems

"Love potion? Damn, this place keeps surprising me..." you said. "Of course... I forgot that Charlie is a genius... but why my brother?" Loryn said, tear stains still on her cheeks. "I don't know... but, what we do know, is that someone, which might mean Katie, gave Thoran a love potion. Love potion is difficult to make, and when made wrong it's dangerous. This one was obviously made the right way, which meant they had the right ingredients. One of the ingredients in love potion is a leaf of the Valentine's tree, which only grows in the Caves of Delight, where the Mermaids live." Charlie said, talking at an inhuman speed. "Don't let their beauty fool you. These Mermaids in particular have the skill to shapeshift, but have the deadly skill to lure men by singing to them, and then kill them. This is one of the reasons why making love potion is so hard. If we manage to somehow catch a mermaid we can ask them what they know." He added. The whole group stared at Charlie, the human boy who was always daydreaming or talking about how stupid everything and everyone was. "Why are you all staring at me?" He asked. "Nothing. I like the plan, since we're definetly going to need Thoran on our journey to find the Flame. He is the only one to know how to find it." Loryn said, having returned to her normal self. "Then that's decided. We're going to the Caves of Delight, ask the Mermaids about what happened, and we have to make a cure for the Love Potion. After that we find the Flame, save Y/N's friends, and it'll be happily ever after!" Jupiter yelled. Then a sudden thought hit you. "Wait... Why are you all actually helping me save my friends? I mean, you barely know me..." you asked the others. "Remember when Dark asked Jonathan to keep a lookout for you? Well, he assigned us to do something as well. You could see us as the Guardian Angels of your friends" Loryn said. "Wait, really?" Jupiter asked, clearly not knowing what was going on. "You three didn't volunteer at all that evening. You were assigned to do this, but you weren't aware of that." Loryn explained. "Who am I assigned to then?" Jupiter asked. "We aren't sure how Dark has decided who were going to be the Guardians, but what we do know is that he left us a story, a sort of poem. It tells us about who matches who, but we can't quite make out what it means." Jonathan says. "Well, what's the story then?" Rebecca asked, getting impatient. Loryn looked around the group and started talking.

"The Pirate will help my love, to save us all,
And I will be saved by her,
The Star will save the Angel, whose wings will come in the darkest times,
The Wolf will save the man in the lead,
And the Genius will save the Loud"

"That's a rubbish poem." Rebecca says. "Y/N, you know all these people. What does it mean?" Jupiter asked. "The first two sentences make sense I guess, Jonathan helped me and I'll save Mark, so Dark as well. The Star, that would probably mean Jupiter, but I have no idea who the Angel could be... The Wolf is obviously Rebecca, and the man in the lead is probably Felix. The Genius must be Charlie, and the Loud is definetly Sean. The Angel is probably Ellen, then." You explain, even though all of it didn't really make sense.

Yet.

Sorry for this shitty chapter. I didn't have a lot of time to really think about it since my granddad got taken to the hospital this morning, his heart had stopped beating, and I've been worried about him. His heart is working again, but he's still unconscious and he can't breathe without all the machines that are keeping him alive. The question is really if he'll ever wake up again...

Love, Ellen...