Chapter 7: midnight scares

It was around 11:45 when Felix decided to go to bed, with the others following soon after.

Around 1AM you wake up from a sudden noise. It seems to be coming from the kitchen. You get out of bed to see what the hell is going on in there. On your way to the kitchen you notice Ellen isn't in her bed. 'What the heck?' You think as you stop in front of the kitchen door. Inside the kitchen you hear weird sounds. "Are you afraid?" You hear a voice in the kitchen saying. It was almost like Ellen's voice, bright and sparkly, but it was lower, and much less sparkly. "P-please... Don't hurt them!" You hear Ellen's voice. 'What the fuck is going on in there?' you think. "I won't, unless you disobey me again." The lower voice says. "O-okay... What do I need to do?..." Ellen's sad voice asks. "You need to get Dark." The lower voice asks. "W-what?! I can't do that! You know how much it hurts him!" Ellen whisper-yells. 'Who the hell is Dark?' You think. "Do that, or I'll get rid of Mark myself." The low voice threatens. You can hear a gasp and then a bright red light from under the door. Then you hear footsteps nearing the door. You quickly hide in a closet as the door slowly opens. Ellen walks out, tear stains on her cheeks and red marks everywhere on her body. You look at her through a small crack in the door of the closet. Ellen walks towards Mark's bed and pokes him gently on his arm. His eyes slowly open as Ellen looks sadly at him. "El?... What's going on?..." He asks her sleepily. "We need to talk..." Ellen says. Mark looks worriedly at her and nods. You decide to stay in the closet until they go away. Ellen walks towards a door down a dark hallway starting in the corner of the living room. Mark follows her silently. They go through the door and lock the door behind them. You walk to the door and put your ear against it.

*in the room*

Mark: What did you need to talk about?
Ellen: Do you remember Eclipsacorn?
Mark: That demon that haunted your dreams and tried to murder all of us? Nope, completely forgot about her.
Ellen: Mark, this isn't funny! She is back...
Mark: Wait what?! I thought we killed her and Dark!
Ellen: Well, turns out we didn't. Eclipsacorn wants me to summon Dark again... I can't do that to you, but if I don't she'll murder you... *starts sobbing*
Mark: *hugs her* sshh... We'll figure a way out of this... *has tears in his eyes*
Eclipsacorn: Oh no you won't *laughs evilly*

You hear Mark and Ellen gasp.

Then you see a bright red light from under the door again, and then nothing. The door cracks open slightly, and you look in the room to see Ellen in Mark's arms, crying. You stand there in silence, watching them. Then they let go of each other and walk towards the door. "You should get some more sleep", Mark says to Ellen. "Hellicorn is still haunting... I think it's better if we stay awake", Ellen responds with a shaky voice. You silently walk towards your bed as fast as possible before the door opens. Mark looks at you before walking to the couch, Ellen following and sitting down next to him. You fall asleep again, afraid of the demons haunting the two. This is getting weirder and weirder...