Ch. 45: I'll be here

You and Dark had been meeting up every night for a week now, which all the others didn't realize since you were always going when they were busy, so they didn't think about it.
Mark and Katie had only gotten closer over time. They weren't in a relationship, but Katie would be flirting with him all the time and he wouldn't push her away. Instead, sometimes he even seemed to encourage it, by saying stuff like "Katie, don't be such a naughty girl", and Katie would often respond with "Try and make me stop".
Your heart broke when you saw that man, your hero, the one you had (have) a crush on, act the way he did. He was supposed to date you, like he said he would, but he mostly seemed to avoid you.
One night when you were crying on the toilet while the rest was playing video games, you were thinking about what had happened in the past year. It had been months since your family had died and Mark found you, almost a full year ago. Sean and Felix were often with you, but would also go home regularely to see their own family and friends back there. Ellen was more of a traveller that sang her way through life, carefree and happy, and she would visit and stay over practically every day. Mark was the one you shared a home with, the handsome gamer that had rescued you so bravely that one night. And then there was you. The one of the squad that didn't really have a family, or a real home for that matter. And it made you sad.
When you had been on the toilet for over an hour you heard a knock on the door. A raspy, but friendly and familiar voice was heard. "Y/N, I know you're in there... Come to the attic, talk to me" it said. You smiled a bit to yourself as you walked upstairs, to the attic. You climbed through the door but before you could do anything, you were being embraced tightly by the man who had cared for you so dearly this past week. He planted a kiss on your head and then went to close the door behind you. He walked back over to you and placed his hands on your hips, looking at your face and seeing the fresh tear stains on your cheeks. He wiped them away with his thumbs, cupped your cheeks,  and put his forehead against yours.
"I know you think Mark doesn't want you anymore, but I know that's not true. And even if you don't believe he cares, please just know that I do... And I will be always here for you..."
"Always?"
"Always."

I feel like writing fluffy chapters all the time yet I probably should be focusing more on the drama

Sorry, I know I'm a shitty author :')

Love, Ellen