Ch. 40: Choices in the Dark (... get it?)

You stare at both men. Mark was the loving, brave, cute, creative goof. Dark was the broken, sad, violent, pervy coward. Yet you still wondered: would it be possible for you to choose? Yes, Dark had raped you once, yes, he invaded your mind and haunted you with nightmares, but he now showed you that he really cared about you. 'Y/N, just sayin', you probably shouldn't forgive him this quickly.' A voice in your head said. It actually sounded a surprising lot like Ellen. 'Shut up', you thought. 'Alright, just sayin'... Don't tell me I didn't warn you!', the voice responded. Since when do they do that?

You sigh hopelessly (I hope I spelled that right) as the two men look at you. "Guys... I'm really sorry... But how am I supposed to choose between a great man and his demon side? You two are technically the same person! And now you expect me to choose?..." you stutter. "I really am sorry... But I can't..." you say, even tho the dissappointed (back again with the great spelling over here) looks on their faces made you want to cry. "Okay... That's okay... I won't keep on troubling you... but I want you to know that I really care, Y/N... and that you can always count on me, even though I've been acting like a douche..." Dark says softly. You flash him a half smile and he dissappears into thin air. Mark looks at you, pain and tears in his eyes. "Y/N. You know I care a lot about you, but seriously? 'How am I supposed to choose between a great man and his demon side'? I'm sorry Y/N, but after all he's done to you, you actually consider liking him? That's ridiculous Y/N, even for you." He says, anger building up in his tone. The rest of the ride in the mansion you don't speak to each other. You get out of the carts and walk out of the mansion.

Outside of the huge building Sean, Felix, and Ellen were waiting. "Guys! I'm so glad to see you both! I was afraid Dark was going to murder you or something!" Ellen yelled and hugged you and Mark. She then noticed the looks on your faces. "What's wrong? What happened?" She asked, clearly concerned. It was quite sweet actually, how she turned from having a crush on Mark to actually shipping you and him. She had told you earlier that day you and Mark were her otp. Funny how things work out sometimes. You tell her what happened, and after you ended she first slapped you, and then hugged you. You look at her in confusion. "That must've hurt them both! On the other hand, I would've said the same, so you've been forgiven."  She says, smiling and then turning to Mark. "Mark. How dare you say that to Y/N! How would you feel if you were in her place? She cares a lot about you too and you know it!" Of course a slap followed. "Now you are going to apologize to each other. Well? Go on?"

Wow that was one of the shittiest endings of a chapter I've written yet. Oh well, the last one was worse. I hope you enjoyed it!
Love, Ellen <3