Ch. 36: sorry

There you were, standing on your own.
You had been through it all.
Nightmares, dreams, you even fought demons.
Your friends had been crushed by plants. How ironic.
And there you are. Right at that moment. The worst moment.

You stand there, silently. Nothing happened. All that moved were the tears rolling down your cheeks. Why you? Why did it all happen to you?
Why not anyone else?

"Looks like we meet again, Y/N..."

Sigh. Of course he was there.

"What do you want? You destroyed everything. Everything I had is lost because of you. Why? Why me?! Why do you have to take away everything I care about! TALK TO ME!"

"Y/N, please... I did it for a reason..."

"Yeah, because you wanted to take me away to be yours forever and no one else's?! You're nothing but a selfish, rude, and perverted asshole!"

"Y/N, please let me talk..."

"Why? So you can try and manipulate me?! You already killed all my friends, you might as well kill me too. Right here, right now!"

"Y/N! Please! I'm sorry!"

"Sure, try and get me then! Asshole! Wait... What?"

"I'm sorry... I had no idea what they meant to you... I didn't think you'd care as long as you still had me... But I was wrong..."

"And now you expect me to accept your apologies after you killed my friends?"

"No I don't... I didn't kill them by the way, I sent them back home... I couldn't bear it anymore... I'm sorry Y/N, I hope you'll live happily ever after with Mark..." Dark says, before snapping his fingers, sending you home, and then disappearing into thin air.

You open your eyes. Dark did what he promised. You were in bed, at home. Or well, Mark's home. You look at the matresses on the floor, next to yours. Ellen, Sean, and Felix where there, but Mark's matress was empty. You turn around, seeing he was laying next to you. But then you realized something. You were all here, in bed.
The places were called 'the Dreamscape' and 'the Nightmare Realm'.
The things that had happened were beyond imagination.

What if it all just was a dream?

You had thought about it in the past few days, but that didn't make sense either. Because the demons had definetly been real, it all had felt so real.

And what about the pond showing the wedding and the coffin? There must be something behind that.

But that, dear reader, is a story for the next chapter...