Ch. 52: the Fairytale Dimension

A few hours later you woke up because of the sun shining through the window inside your tiny, yet cozy room in the ship. This was the day. You were going to see your friends again. You walked to Jonathan, who was standing near the front of the ship.
"Hey Jonathan"
"Hey Y/N. Had a nice sleep?"
"I suppose. Are we almost there?"
"Look."

Jonathan pointed at an island. It was far away, but you could already see it was huge.

"Right now, we're in the Fairytale Dimension. That island right there? That's the Island of the Flame. Probably the most powerful source of magic around these waters. That's where we meet Loryn, she'll help us go to Las Islas de los Muertos." Jonathan said. You smiled at him, but he kept looking at the island in front of him. You followed his gaze and kept staring at the island that was slowly coming closer...

After about an hour the ship, of which you had found out was called 'The Midnight Pearl', arrived at the island. It was gorgeous, with beautiful woods all over it and here and there a village that looked like Rivendell from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

At the docks was a beautiful young woman, who you assumed was Loryn

At the docks was a beautiful young woman, who you assumed was Loryn. She walked over to the ship and smiled up at you. "Hello there Y/N. You come from far away, I see. Has Jonathan taken good care about you?" She says, her blonde, wavy hair falling perfectly around her shoulders. "Yes, he did" you say, smiling back as you got off the ship. Jonathan walked over to Loryn and before you knew what was happening, they were kissing. Okay.
"I'm Loryn by the way, Jonathan's fiancé", Loryn says before letting go of him. She was wearing a long, white dress with sparkly patterns over it, and on her head shone a sparkly silver tiara. That's when you noticed her pointy ears. "You- you're an elf, aren't you?" You ask her. "Yes I am. You have very good eyes, Y/N. That might be of good use later!" She says, smiling again. "But now we need to get ready, tomorrow we're going to the Islands. I'm guessing Jonathan has told you about them?"
"A little. Only that the dead from my world are being sent there", you say.
"Of course he did. Always leaving out the bad parts" Loryn responds quietly. "The thing is, the Islands aren't a happy place. The dead are, you know, still dead. They're still physical beings, but that doesn't stop their body from rotting and falling apart. They are practically zombies." She adds, sending shivers down your spine.
"So, you're saying that, if my friends are there for too long they'll become... zombies?" You ask.

"No. I'm saying they already are."

Rip :')

So yeah I have a lot of inspiration for future chapters rn XD
I hope you all still like the story!

Love, Ellen