Chapter 63

Shaylynn pulls up in front of Cook County and Sam gets out and walks in. Shaylynn calls Hank and tells him what's going on. He tells her that he'll be there as soon as he can and to wait for him outside. When he arrives they see that Aimee-Leigh isn't with him. 'Before you say anything, Aimee-Leigh is with Erin.' He says. 'Where's Sam?' 

'She's gone in.' Shaylynn tells him.

'You let her go in?' He asks. 

'Hinks has been a speciality of hers since she started the FBI, she would want to know what happened, why and who let that happen.' Shaylynn responds.

'Let's go.' Hank gruffs as he starts walking towards the main entrance. 

'WHY WAS HE NOT CUFFED?!' Sam shouts at the officer. 

'I..I..' The officer stumbles.

'NO! THERE ARE NO EXCUSES. HE COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO YOU. TO YOUR COLLEAGUES. HE WAS A TERRORIST!' She continues. Shaylynn, Hank and Peter walk in. 'He should have been cuffed. It says on his record that he should be cuffed when being transported at all times. No matter how short the distance.' She tells the officer. 'YOU ARE INCOMPETENT!' She raises her voice. Hank walks up to her and puts his hand on her shoulder. She jerks and turns around. 

'Sam, you need to calm down.' He tells her. 

'Why? It's INCOMPETENT officers that allow people like Hinks to get away with murder, or in Hinks' case, terrorism.' Sam says frustrated. she then gets an alert on her phone and she looks at it. She sighs and puts it back in her pocket. 'I need to go. Something has come up.' 

'Do you want a lift?' Peter asks.

'No. It's just around the corner.' She responds. 'I'll see you later.' She shoots a glare at the officer and then walks out and to the address that was given to her. It's a warehouse. 

'Why am I here?' She asks Special Agent Liam Knox.

'Tonya Howard.' Liam tells her. 

'What?!' She exclaims. 

'Yep. We got an alert that she was out. We traced her cell to here.' 

'Again. Why am I here?' Sam asks, irritated.

'She's planning something. one of my CIs have confirmed it.' Liam tells. 'She's planning to finish the Voights once and for all.' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~