Chapter 29

When Sam arrives at work the next day, Mark Jefferies is waiting for her. 'Mr Jefferies. How can I help?' Sam asks him. 

'Director Voight. I need to speak with you regarding the Martin Hinks case.' Mark tells her as he shakes her hand. 

'Sure, do you want to come through?' Sam says as she opens the door to her office and they walk in. Sam sits at her desk and Mark sits opposite. 

'I understand you have a personal relationship with Mr Stone.' He says and she nods. 'I also understand that he's familiar with Martin Hinks.'

'Yes, he's been the prosecutor on all cases that have been brought against Mr Hinks since I've been with the FBI.' Sam responds. 

'Mr Stone won't be able to be the prosecutor during this trial due to his personal relationship with you when he took you. We don't want the jury thinking that Mr Hinks was arrested because of it.' Mark explains. 'Miss Valdez will be the prosecutor in this case.'

'That's fine.' Sam nods. 'Anything else I can do for you?' 

'That's all. I thought you'd like to know in person.' Mark tells her and she smiles. 'How's the wrist?' 

'It's good, I've got an appointment with the fracture clinic later to get it x-rayed and checked.' Sam replies.

'I almost forgot. Congratulations.' Mark beams. 'Mr Stone told the office that you're expecting.' 

'Thank you.' Sam grins. Her desk phone then rings and she answers it. 'Director Voight.' She listens to the information that CPD conveys to her. They tell her that there's been an fire and that she's needed immediately. 'I'm on my way.' She says before putting the phone down and standing up. 'I'm afraid we're going to have to cut this short. I've got a case.' Mark nods, stands up and they walk out.

When Sam arrives at the scene, 51 are attending and still putting out the fire. She gets out of her car and walks over to Boden. 'Chief, what happened?' She asks. 

'Witnesses said they say a man was throwing petrol bombs in and the building exploded. CPD were called, they ran him through their database and called you. He also escaped. I don't know much more.' Boden tells her. 

'Thanks Chief.' Sam smiles. 

'Oh, and congratulations on the pregnancy and promotion.' Boden grins.

'Thanks.' 

'CPD have also put a notice out.' Boden informs her.

'A BOLO.' Sam nods. 

'If you're the new director, why are you doing field work?' Boden asks. 

'I'm only starting off so I'm doing field work for a month or two.' Sam explains. She then notices Burgess and Olinsky. 'Thanks again chief.' He nods and smiles whilst Sam walks over to them.

'Hey Sam.' Olinsky says. 'Suspect is Alexander Rossetti.' Olinsky notifies her, showing her a picture. 

'I know who her is. Nate's brother. I've arrested him twice before.' Sam sighs.

'When we looked him up we alerted to contact FBI. Why?' Olinsky asks. Sam looks around and then pulls them to one side. 

'Alex has been flagged up as a potential member of a terror organization against political leaders.' Sam informs them.