Chapter 28

The next morning, Sam gets up and gets changed into the clothes she was wearing yesterday. She then walks downstairs and sees Peter making breakfast. 'Morning Sunshine.' Peter smiles. 

'Good morning.' She says as she walks over to him and kisses him. He then lays down scrambled eggs on toast in front of her, she can't help but stifle a laughter. 

'What?' Peter asks confused. 

'Scrambled eggs on toast. It's the first breakfast you ever made me.' Sam tells him. 

'Of course.' He replies. 'Shaylynn dropped your car off. She put the keys through the letterbox with a note saying "Sam's car".' He informs her. She finishes her breakfast and picks up her car keys.

'I'll see you later.' She says. They kiss and she leaves for work. 

When she arrives, she heads up to her new office and sits down at the desk. She then logs onto the computer and opens up her email. She then finds the email from Aaron and reads it. It tells her that she will need to expect a few agents from White Collar Crimes,  to replace those that have left the Counter Terrorism Task Force. As she reads further into the email, she is made aware that she can still work Counter Terrorism.  

Just as she's about the open some case files, there's a knock at the door. She stands up, walks over to the door and opens it. She sees Special Agent George White, Special Agent Emily O'Sullivan and Special Agent Lucy Murphy. 'Good morning.' She smiles. 'Let's go introduce you to the team, well, the two people remaining.' The three agents nod and follow her to Counter Terrorism where Special Agent Liam Knox and Special Agent Elena Ramirez are sitting at their computers. When they see her walk in they look up. 

'Congratulations, about the promotion.' Elena smiles.

'Thanks.' Samantha nods. 'If you don't already know, 3 agents from White Collar Crimes have been transferred to this division. Special Agent George White, Special Agent Emily O'Sullivan and Special Agent Lucy Murphy.' She introduces the three agents. 'Knox, take charge of the team.' She then walks back to her office. She does some paperwork and then at 7pm, she meets Peter outside before going to Shaylynn's to collect Sam's things. 

When Shaylynn answers the door, her and Sam hug and when they walk into the front room, Sam sees Hank, Erin and Jay sitting on the couch. 'What's going on?' Sam asks. 

'I don't know.' Shaylynn shrugs. Shaylynn then sits on the sofa between Kelly and Hank whilst Peter sits next to Erin, who is sitting on the right hand side Hank, and Sam on his lap. 'So, what's this about Jay?' Shaylynn asks.

'I've been trying the find he right time for this.' Jay tells them. 'Erin... I know you want to find out who you're real father is.' Erin nods. 'Well, look to your right.' Erin looks to her right, right at Hank. 'Erin, Hank is your father. You're Sam and Shaylynn's half sister.' Sam looks at Jay and stands up from off Peter's lap and walks into the kitchen. 

'I'll go.' Erin tells them as she stands up. She then walks into the kitchen. 'What's wrong?' 

'Don't get me wrong, Erin, I'm over the moon. It's just a bit of a shock, that's all.' Sam replies. 'You've always been a sister to me. The fact that dad is your biological father, doesn't change a thing.' She continues. 'Anyway, I've also got a little secret that I need to tell you and Jay.' 

'You're pregnant.' Erin smiles. 'We know. Hank... dad... told us.' She then walks forward and hugs her. Kelly then walks in.

'Hey, Sam, we're going to help you and Peter put all your boxes in your car and in Peter's SUV.' Kelly tells Sam.

'Thanks.' Sam responds as she pulls out of Erin's hug. 

For the next half an hour, everyone is putting Sam's stuff into the two cars and, finally, once they're finished, they decide it's time to leave. Hank, Erin, Jay and Kelly all head inside whilst Shaylynn wants to see Sam off. She pulls her in for a tight hug. 'Shaylynn.' Sam gasps for breath. 

'Sorry.' Shaylynn laughs, letting Sam go.

'You're acting like I'm moving half way across the world.' Sam laughs back.

'It's not that long ago that you were in hospital. I just want to keep an eye you.' 

'And I'm sure Peter will do that for you.' Sam tells her.

'I will.' Peter reassures them, before he kisses Sam. 'Shall we go?' 

'We shall.' Sam smiles. They get into their cars and drive to Peter's with Shaylynn waving them off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~