Chapter 62

There may be some really short chapters from here on until the boom ends 😉

♤♡♢♧☆♤♡♢♧☆♤♡♢♧☆♤♡♢♧☆♤♡♢♧☆♤♡♢♧☆♤♡♢♧☆♡♢♧

'How'd you find out?' Sam asks.

'Chrysti has been secretly overseeing the case.' Shaylynn informs them. 'The only problem is that they're not letting you anywhere near the court.' She says to Sam. 'They have all the evidence you need. Court started yesterday. Clearance to tell you was only granted today.' She then gets an alert on her phone. 'Shit.' Shaylynn whispers.

'Shaylynn... what's happened?' Sam asks.

'It's Hinks. He's just shot himself. He signed a confession though.' Shaylynn informs them. She looks up and see that Sam is half relieved, half pissed.

'He got out easy.' Sam thinks to herself. 'But why would he shoot himself? Out of all the ways he could kill himself, like blowing himself up, he chose to shoot himself. Why?'

'Sam?' Peter says.

'Let's go. We're going cook county.' Sam says grabbing her coat and slipping her shoes on.

'Sam. I don't think that's a good idea.' Shaylynn says.

'I couldn't give a fuck. I need to know what happened. I am, I was the Hinks expert.' Sam says aggressively. She walks out to the car and waits for Peter and Shaylynn.

'We better go. When a Voight is pissed off, it's best to give them what they want.' Shaylynn  sighs. Peter grabs his coat, slips his shoes on and walks out with Shaylynn, locking up behind him. 'We'll go in my car.' Shaylynn says as she unlocks it. Sam walks over to the passenger door, gets in and slams the door. 'She'll calm once she knows what happened. If not, she'll most defiantly calm when you guys get Aimee-Leigh back from dad.' Shaylynn tells Peter. He nods and sighs before getting into the back. Shaylynn walks around to the drivers side, gets in and starts the drive to cook county.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~