Chapter 17

Once Dr Charles and Dr Reese finish talking with Sam, they call Shaylynn and Hank into into a room. 'Judging by her mental state, the fact that she's come off of her meds, I have put her in a 72 psychiatric hold. We will restart her on her medication. Her depression hasn't gotten worse but it's due to the ' Dr Charles explains.

'Thanks.' Shaylynn nods.

'After she's discharged she'll have to stay with someone.' Sarah adds.

'She can stay with me and Kelly. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.' Shaylynn says.

'You can go see her if you like?' Dr Charles says. Both Shaylynn and Hank nod before Dr Charles and Sarah take them up to see Sam. 

When Shaylynn and Hank walk into Shaylynn's room, she's sitting up in bed, reading a book. 'How you doing kiddo?' Hank asks. 

'Good.' Sam nods whilst putting her book down. Shaylynn gets an alert on her and looks at it before putting it away. 

'That's Butch. He's pissed off with me.' Shaylynn tells them. 'I better go sort him out.' 

'Don't let him take you away again.' Sam frowns.

'I won't Shaylynn tells her as she walks over to Sam. 'I promise.' She says. She then hugs her sister. 'I'll come and see you tomorrow.' Sam nods and watches her sister leave.

'Why'd you stop taking your medication?' Hanks asks. 

'I thought I'd be able to cope without it. Obviously not.' Sam replies.

'I know we haven't been close since you joined the FBI.' Hank tells her as he sits in a chair beside her bed. 'But you can always talk to me. About anything.'

'I know.' Sam nods.

'Dr Charles mentioned you will have to stay with someone once you get out of here. Shaylynn has offered.'

'I figured as much.' Sam laughs. 

After three days, Dr Charles is happy with the progress that Sam has made and decides to discharge her. At 9am, Shaylynn and Kelly arrive to pick her up. 'Thanks for letting me stay with you.' Sam smiles as they get into the car. 

'Hey. No problem. Like you said, we're family.' Kelly smiles back.

'Kelly's got work so we're going to head to the firehouse.' Shaylynn says and before Sam can respond, she gets a message.

From Peter Stone:

Hey, Can you swing by the State Attorney's office? I need to speak to you. - Peter

'Sam?' Shaylynn asks as she starts to drive. 

'Erm... could you drop me off at the State Attorney's office? Mr Stone needs to speak to me.' Sam asks. 

'As long as you keep your phone on and call me when you're done.' Shaylynn says. 

'Of course.' Sam nods, and within half an hour they are pulling up outside the State Attorney's office.

'Don't forget to keep your phone on and call me once you've finished.' Shaylynn smiles as Sam gets in.

'I will! Don't worry!' Sam promises as she shuts the door and walks up into the building. She signs in and heads up to Peter's office. She see's Antonio and one of the other investigators, Laura Nagel sitting at their desk. 'Hey Antonio. Is Peter in his office?' 

'Yeah.' Antonio nods.

'Thanks.' Sam smiles before walking over to Peter's office door, knocking and walking in. 'Hey.'

'Hey.' Peter smiles as he motions for her to sit. She sits in the chair whilst he sits on the edge of his desk.  'Nate called me and told em yo stopped taking your meds and that you were in a psyche hold.' 

'Yeah, but I'm fine now.' Sam reassures him. 

'So you wouldn't be taken aback if I did this?' Peter asks. He leans forward and plants a kiss on Sam's lip and pulls away. 

'No.' Sam whispers and they kiss again once more. 

'Maybe we should do this somewhere else.' Peter suggests. 'I've just finished my shift.' 

'Shaylynn will kill me if I'm not at the firehouse soon.' Sam frowns.

'Then it's good job my SUV is parked outside. Tinted windows, frost sheet.' He smirks.

'Then let's go.' Sam smiles back. Peter grabs his coat and they both head out. As they walk past Antonio and Laura, they both look at each other and smile. 

When Sam and Peter are in his SUV, they begin to kiss. Peter then begins to take her clothes off and she does the same to him. Sam's phone then rings. 'Really?' She says. She finds her phone from the floor of the car and answers it. 'Special Agent Samantha Voight.' 

'Hey, it's Nate. I've got some information.

'For fuck sake Nate! I only got out of hospital at 9am. Run it past Mark.' Sam says in anger. She puts the phone down and throws it back on the floor. 'Shall we continue?' 

'We shall.' Peter laughs, kissing Sam. He inserts himself into Sam and they start to make love. 

After a while they stop, get dressed and sit back into the front. 'That was the most fun I've had in ages.' Sam laughs.

'Same here.' Peter replies. 'Do you want me yo drop you off at the firehouse?' 

'That would be great.' Sam smiles. She then gets her phone and calls Shaylynn to tell her that Peter would be dropping her off at the firehouse. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep reading Our City, Our Rules, One Chicago!