Chapter 1 - Prologue

Special Agents Samantha Voight and Nathaniel Rosetti are walking to work after parking their car around the block when they hear a commotion in a nearby building. They walk in the direction of the building but as they are about to cross the road the lower section of the building explodes, engulfing the building and the two neigbouring buildings in flames. 'I'll call it in.' Sam says getting her phone out and dialing 911 as Nathaniel goes to move the injured away from the fire. 'This is FBI Special Agent Samantha Voight, Counter Terrorism. There has been an explosion on North Devon Street. 3 building involved. Mass casualties suspected.' The operator tells her that CFD and ambulances have been dispatched. She puts the phone down and goes to help Nathaniel move the casualties.

Meanwhile, Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Batallion 25 and Ambulance 61 are on their way to the explosion site. When they arrive, Casey and Severide start giving out orders to the squad and truck members before going in to the buildings, assissted by firehouse 90. As they do that, Boden walk over to Sam and Nathaniel who now have their FBI jackets on. 'Hi, I'm Special Agent Samantha Voight, second in command of the couner-terrorism task force and this is Special Agent Nathaniel Rosetti.' Sam introduces.

'Cheif Boden. What exactly happened?' Boden repsonds as he shakes hands with both of the agents.

'The middle building exploded first engulfing in flames and engulfing the two neighbouring buildings.' Nathaniel explains. Sam's phone then rings.

'Excuse me.' She says to them before walking away and answering her phone. 'Voight.'

'Sam, I need you to get everyone out of those buildings. We've just searched the M.O. The buildings would explode fully 15 minutes after the middle building exploded.' Her boss, Special Agent Mark Jones tells her and she looks at her watch. 

'It's been 14 minutes!' She frantically puts the phone down and runs back over to Boden and Nathaniel. 'Cheif. I don't want to tread on toes but I need you to pull your men out, very quicky, now! I'll explain later.' 

'51,90, pull out, quick!' Boden radios through. 

'Cheif, what's wrong?' Casey radios back.

'I don't know but it sounds serious.' Boden tells them. 

'On our way out cheif.' Severide radios through.

'Some agents from my team looked up the M.O as standard protocol. The buildings would explode after 15 minutes of the middle building exploding.' Sam explains. 

BOOM! The left building explodes. BOOM! The building on the right explodes. 

51 or 90 had not yet come out.

'51, respond!' Boden shouts through the radio. '90, can you hear me?' Boden, Nathaniel and Sam look at each other worried. 'All firefighters, do you copy?'