Chapter 41

'Don't I know you from somewhere?' Sam asks. 

'No.' William shakes his head. 

'Yeah I do.' Sam replies. 'You're that barista from that coffee shop in Coventry, but your name tag said Luke.' 

'Well I've got a criminal record,haven't I? They wouldn't have hired me. I used my brother's name. No big deal.' William shrugs his shoulder.

'So you're admitting to identity theft?' Sam asks.

'What?'

'You heard me. You would have had to use your brother's details and credentials.' Sam tells. 'Stand up.' She says as she stands up and walks round to him. He looks up to her and smirks. 'I said, stand up!' She shouts drawing attention to them as she pulls him up to his feet. She gets her handcuffs out from her pocket and puts the around his wrists, behind his back. 'William Smith, you are under arrest on suspicion of identity theft. I assume you know your Miranda Rights?' She then turns to everyone who are staring at her. 'Right Ladies and Gentleman, show is over, you can all get back to your drinks.' She then walks over to Matt and picks up her bag, which now has her laptop in, and her coat. 'We're going to need your phone for evidence but you should be able to get it back tomorrow.' Matt nods and she takes William outside. When she does, she bumps into Hank.

'What's going on? Matt called me.' Hank asks. 

'I'll explain tomorrow. Right now, I've got to take Mr Smith in.' She informs him. He nods and decides to walk into the bar and join Matt.

Once she arrives at the office, she takes William to an interrogation room and steps into observation. She then gets her phone out and calls Shaylynn. 

'Hello?' Shaylynn says as she answers her phone.

'Shaylynn, I know it's late but can you come to the office?'

'What's happened?' Shaylynn asks concerned.

'I'll explain when you get here. Tell the desk officer your name, you've got clearance. They'll show you to where I am.' 

'I'll be right there.' Shaylynn tells her. Sam hangs up and within half an hour, Shaylynn joins her. 

'Meet William Smith.' Sam says pointing into the room. 

'That's Luke.' Shaylynn says confused. 

'Identity theft.' Sam says.

'Oh.' Shaylynn says. 'Why am I here?' Sam doesn't respond but instead hands over Matt's phone, open on the messages about Justin. 'What's his connection to Justin?' 

'That's what we're going to find out.' Sam says as they walk out of the observation room and into the interrogation room.

'Called in the cavalry?' William laughs.

'What's your connection to Justin Voight?' Shaylynn asks.

'We did a stretch together.' William tells them.

'Except since he last did time, he joined the forces.' Sam says. 'Then he cut off all ties with everyone that made him go backwards instead of forwards. He was reformed. Got married. Had a child.' 

'He stopped messaging, no explanation as to why. Why do you want to know all of this anyway?' William asks.

'He's out brother.' Sam tells him and he opens his mouth in shock. 'We'll pick this up very soon.' Sam and Shaylynn then walk out. 'I'm going to go up to my office and write up the arrest report.' 

'You'll be OK?' Shaylynn asks.

'Yeah.' Sam nods. She then sees her sister off and heads up to her office. 

'Sam.' Peter says softly. 'Sam.' He says again shaking her. 'Sam.' He says a bit louder and she jerks up. She fell asleep on the sofa in her office last night. 'You didn't come home last night.' 

'Yeah, something came up.' Sam says rubbing her forehead. 

'I brought you some clothes.' He says handing her a bag. 

'Thanks.' Sam says before kissing him.

'Wanna grab breakfast?' Peter asks looking at his watch. 

'Yeah, sure. I'll just get freshened up.' She tell him. She then goes and gets dressed and 10 minutes later, she rejoins Peter and they head out for breakfast. Once they finish, they sit on a park bench. 'Matt came to me last night about some messages. This man, William Smith, has been texting him about Justin. We don't know how he got Matt's number.' She tells him. 'I better get going.' She kisses Peter before she heads back to work. 

When she does, she's told that William Smith is back in interrogation awaiting further questioning. She walks into the room and sits opposite him. 'You are going to start talking right now!' She tells him. 'How did you get Matthew Casey's number?'

'I just put in a random number.' William tells her.

'Apart from the fact that, our tech found, that you've called him by name, an example being, Alderman Casey, if you don't tell Justin Voight to get in touch with me, I will kill you.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~