Chapter 49

It's been two months. Sam is in her 7th month of pregnancy. She decides that it's time to go baby shopping. As Peter is working she decides to call Shaylynn to see if she wants to go with her. Shaylynn happily agrees and tells Sam that she'll pick her up in an hour, so Sam decides to get into the shower. Once she's out she dries her hair. She then looks at her phone to check the temperature for the day. 79 Fahrenheit. She looks through her wardrobe and finds out a dress. It's a maternity dress that Shaylynn gave to her in the early stages of Sam's pregnancy. She also wears her sorry not sorry canvas shoes. She finds some sunglasses and a blue bag out.

 She finds some sunglasses and a blue bag out

Soon enough, Shaylynn turns up at the door. 'Ready to go?' Shaylynn smiles.

'Yeah.' Sam smiles. 'Let's go.' She picks up her bag from the coffee table, walks out and locks the door. Shaylynn then leads Sam down to her car. 'We are not driving. It's way too hot.' 

'It's too hot to be walking as well.' Shaylynn says. Sam sighs. 'Just get your ass in the car.' Sam rolls her eyes and gets into the passenger seat. She then gets behind the wheel and starts the car. 'You're stubborn. You know that right?'

'And where do I get it from?' Sam asks.

'I don't know.' She responds innocently, they then laugh. 

In about 15 minutes, they pull into the parking complex at Chicago Ridge Mall. Shaylynn pays for the parking ticket and they head into the mall. Once inside, Shaylynn drags Sam to Twinkle Twinkle Little One. They're looking around when Shaylynn spots that they have a new section in. She rushes over in excitement whilst Sam keeps looking at changing tables. She then rushes back over with two onesies on hangers. She taps on Sam's shoulder and she turns to Shaylynn, she see's Shaylynn holding the two onesies.

 She taps on Sam's shoulder and she turns to Shaylynn, she see's Shaylynn holding the two onesies

'Aww, they are so cute

'Aww, they are so cute.' Sam coos. 

'Then I'm getting them.' Shaylynn says.

'Shaylynn, this place is really expensive.' Sam states.

'So?' Shaylynn says. 'Can't I treat my baby sister and niece?' 

'I just don't want you over spending on baby stuff.' Sam replies. She then puts her hand on her stomach. 

'You OK?' Shaylynn asks concerned. 

'Yeah. Just some kicks. She's going to be a fighter.' Sam laughs. 

'Shall we go pay?' Shaylynn asks and Sam nods. They pay for the two onesies and then Shaylynn drags her to another baby shop, Buy Buy Baby. As they are walking into the shop, Sam's back starts to ache so she puts her hand on her back for support. They look around and buy some more supplies. Clothes. Changing bags. An endless supply of diapers. Two car seats, one for Sam's car and one for Peter's. Toys. Blankets. Sam ends up only carrying the light things. As they are carrying too much, they decide to take everything to the car and go shopping. This time, they get some clothes for themselves.  As they are walking into Topshop, Sam feels liquid leak from inside her.

'Shaylynn.' Sam says scared. Shaylynn turns around to Sam. When she notices what's going on, she rushes Sam over to a bench and hails a security guard. She tells him what's going on and he radios for an ambulance.

At the firehouse, everyone is settling down to eat. 

Ambulance 61. Pregnant woman in distress. Chicago Ridge Mall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~