Chapter 11

When Sam gets into her car she breaks down crying. She pulls the sun visor down and stares into the mirror. She then opens the glove compartment, rummages around and takes out a pack of wet wipes. She wipes the make-up off of her face and then, she lifts up the lid to the arm rest and takes out a bottle of pills, ''Prozac.'' She puts a few into her hand and stares at them for a few seconds. She then puts the pills back into the bottle and puts the bottle back into the glove compartment and looks back into the mirror and slams it back up. 'Come on Sam. You haven't had an episode like this since Justin was killed.' She thinks to herself. 'You need to keep your head in the game. For Shaylynn. For Kelly. For dad.' She shakes herself out of the thought and starts her car. She then drives her way to Millenium Park. She parks and walks through the park and to a bench. She sits and puts her head in her hands. What feels likes hours in only minutes.

'Mind if I sit?' A familiar voice asks. She looks up and sees Peter Stone.

'Sure.' She smiles. He nods and sits beside her.

'The attorney's office has heard about the Hinks case.' Peter tells her.

'Yeah.' Sam sighs. 

'I heard about Nate.' He adds.

'It all came rushing back. We would have a kid now, if I hadn't miscarried in that 2nd month, he's my work partner and my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without him.' Sam responds. 'Did I tell you me and Justin used to sit here all the time? On this exact bench.' She asks him and he shakes his head. 'We'd sit here and talk and mess around.' 

'You and Justin were pretty close. Even through his convictions you were close to each other.' 

'I couldn't just forget about him because of his actions. He was there for me when mom died. I was 15 and he was 17. Even though he was constantly in trouble, he always found time to talk to me. He was there when they diagnosed me with depression.' She responds starting to cry. 'And I think it's getting worse.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Procrastination is literally my enemy. I have my final set of mocks next week and I know zilt. Nothing. To celebrate my dumbness, here is a new chapter! 

I thought I'd be going to sixth form in September but now, I'm going to go to college to study the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. It's 18 units so I'll be rather busy from September. 

I'm going to 2 college open evenings next week and so I'll be able to decide which one is best for me. 

Hopefully I'll get into one! :)