Chapter 35

When Sam wakes up the next morning, Peter has already left for work. As soon as she gets out of bed, she goes for a shower before getting dressed ready for work. She wears her navy dress, black blazer and her black heels. 

She then has a quick drink of coffee and a couple of slices of toast before heading to the district

She then has a quick drink of coffee and a couple of slices of toast before heading to the district. Trudy buzzes her up and Hank meets her at the top of the stairs. They head to the interview room and walk in to see Jackson Young looking at them with a shocked look at his face. 'What's with the face Jackson?' Sam asks sitting down.

'You're supposed to be dead.' He says. 'The sniper, he was meant to take you out.' He confesses.

'So you're confessing to attempted murder?' Hank questions.

'I wasn't the sniper!' Jackson exclaims. 

'No, but you might as well have been.' Sam tells him. 'You are going back to Cook County and your execution will go ahead as planned.' She says more sternly. 'Now. Are you going to tell me why you were looking for me?' 

'I just wanted to talk.' He replies.

'And you think bursting into an FBI field office, full of agents, with guns to do that was a good idea?' Hank challenges. 

'It's about Martin Hinks.' Jackson states. Sam looks at him, raising an eyebrow. 'He needs to leave.' Jackson tells her, pointing at Hank.

'He is Sergeant Hank Voight. He is staying.' Sam notifies him. 

'Voight?' Jackson asks. 'You getting your father to fight your battles?' 

'I wasn't aware I was fighting any battles. As far as I'm concerned, you are going back to Cook County and I will never see your smug little face again.' Sam says, leaning over the table. She then sits back. 'So, what's this about Hinks?' 

'It's not exactly about him. It's about his daughter.' Jackson informs them.