Chapter 46

Two weeks have gone by. Sam and Butch are no closer to finding the connection between this sex trafficking boss and Hinks. Due to the new evidence, Hinks' trial has been put on hold for 6 months as there were no other date available and it allows more thorough investigation to occur.

It the day of Sam's 12 week scan. Sam tells Peter that she wants to make a quick stop at the district to speak to Hank. She's decided it's time to explain what happened with William Smith. When they pull up outside the district, Peter tells her that he'll wait in the car. Sam walks up into intelligence, knocks on Hank's office door, walks in and sits down. 'I haven't heard off you for a while.' Hank says disapprovingly.

'I've been busy.' Sam states.

'You never told me why you arrested that guy at that bar.' 

'That's why I'm here.' Sam tells him. 'Matt came to me. He had received messages from an unknown number about Justin. I traced the number and it led to him. His name is William Smith.

'Where is he now?' Hank asks furious. 

'Federal prison. Identity theft. Need to know.' 

'What happened with Ava Cooper and Andrew McGraw?' Hank questions. 

'Went through trial, pseudocide, both got 30 years. Again, details are need to know.' Sam explains. 'I've got to go. I've got a scan.' She then gets up and leaves; as she does, Alvin walks into the office.

'These cases have changed her Al.' Hank tells him.

'Sorry?' Alvin asks confused.

'She hasn't called me for a few weeks. She's working too much. I'm worried.'

'Hank, she's 25; she can take care of herself. Being in charge and responsible for all the FBI agents in Chicago is tough.' Alvin responds. 

'Since she returned to work after her most recent breakdown, all she's done is throw herself into her work. It's not healthy.'

At the hospital, Peter and Sam check into the obs and gynae clinic and shortly, they are called for their appointment. The sonographer tells them that everything looks fine but that Sam will need to have an appointment with her geneticist because of her Neurofibromatosis. The sonographer also tells them that they are continuing the regular appointments and that the next appointment is in 3 weeks. 

After their appointment, Sam heads into work to do some paperwork whilst Peter heads to the district to talk to Hank. They walk out of the hospital, kiss and part ways. Peter has told Sam that he needs to speak to Hank about a case, but in fact, it's not. 

When he arrives at 21, he tells Trudy that Hank is expecting him. She nods and takes him up. As she does, Shaylynn is on her way out. When she sees Peter, she stops. 'How was the scan?' She asks him.

'Everything seems good.' Peter smiles. 'Seeing as you're here already, can I speak with you Hank and Erin?'

'Sure!' Shaylynn smiles. Shaylynn then calls for Erin to join them and they all walk into Hank's office whilst Trudy walks back down to the main desk. When they walk in, Hank stands up and shakes his hand. Erin, Shaylynn and Hank sit on the couch and Peter sits on the arm of the couch. 'What can we do for you?' Shaylynn asks. 

'Hank, I want to ask for your permission. To ask for Sam's hand in marriage.' Peter says. 'I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.' Hank looks at Shaylynn and Erin who both have a massive grin on their faces. He then looks at Peter who is waiting in anticipation.

'Welcome to the family.' Hanks smiles. He then stands up, shakes Peter's hand and brings him in for a fatherly hug. 

'She hasn't said yes yet.' Peter laughs.

'She will.' Erin says. 'I know she will.' 

'I know just they way you can tell her.' Shaylynn beams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~