Chapter 16

'So, how'd you get back without Butch stopping you?' Hank asks Shaylynn as they head back up to intelligence. 

'I forced, Rob, one of Butch's guys to get the jet to bring me here, because of Sam.' Shaylynn responds. 

'You going to go back?' Hank questions. 

'No. There's good doctors here.' Shaylynn tells him. 'I'm more worried about Sam though.' 

'Why's that?' Hanks asks. 

'I've been keeping tabs on her, including making sure she's collecting her prescription.' 

'And?' 

'She didn't collect last months prescription which should last three months.' Shaylynn tells him. 'I'm afraid that she's going to go downhill again. After Justin was killed, she would cry, remember? She wouldn't eat, drink, sleep. She went back to work only 6 months ago. That's not a long time when you think about it.' They head into his office and sit down. Straight away, Erin knocks and looks in. 

'Hey. Where's Sam?' She asks. 

'I thought she was still up here?' Hank asks.

'She was. She went to the toilet, was gone for a few minutes so I went to check on her, found these in the bin.' She tells them handing a bottle to Shaylynn. 

'They're her anti-depressants.' Shaylynn says handing the bottle to Hank. 'I'll get Chrysi to track her cell.' Shaylynn says getting her cell out of her pocket and calling Chrysti. After a minute, Shaylynn puts the phone down. 'She's at a cemetery.' 

'Let's go!' Voight says to Shaylynn and Erin, Shaylynn stands up and walks out with Erin and Hank. 'Halstead, with us. Olinsky, hold the fort.' Hank says as they walk past. Jay looks at Erin who nods before standing up and following them down to the CPD car garage. 

When they arrive at the cemetery, they all get out. Jay and Erin split from Hank and Shaylynn to try and find Sam. After half an hour of looking around, they join back together and eventually they see Sam sitting in front of a grave. They walk over to her and see her eyes are red and puffy and her cheeks are stained with tears. 'Sam?' Hank says worried. She doesn't turn to him, she keeps staring at the grave stone in front of her.

Justin Voight 

Shaylynn then steps in. 'Sam.' Shaylynn says as she couches down beside her. 'You haven't been taking your meds. Have you?' 

'I don't need them.' Sam trembles.

'Yes, you do.' Shaylynn says, but before she can respond, Sam collapses into Shaylynn's arms. On instinct, Shaylynn rolls Sam's sleeves up to reveal cuts on her wrists. 'We need to get her to Med now!' Shaylynn orders, just as Sam starts to regain consciousness. 

'No!' Sam screams, she tries to fight Shaylynn off as her sister tries to get her back to the car.

'Sam, please. Justin wouldn't want this for you.' Hank tells his daughter. Upon hearing her brother's name she stops. 'Please, let us help you.' Sam breaks down crying and Hank brings her in for a hug. 'You need help, you can't keep doing this to yourself.' 

'OK.' Sam whispers. They all help Sam back to the car and they are on their way to Med. Erin calls ahead to Maggie and tells her to be ready. 

Soon enough, they pull up in front of Med, where Maggie is waiting with Natalie. They help Sam out of the car and into the wheelchair. They then wheel her into the treatment room where they check her obs, check the deepness of the cuts and stitching them up. After about 45 minutes, Shaylynn comes across Dr Charles and Dr Reese. 'Shaylynn. What can we do for you?' Dr Charles asks when he sees Shaylynn walking towards them. 

'Can you talk to someone for me? Psyche Evaluation.' Shaylynn asks. 

'Sure. Who?' Dr Charles responds.

'Samantha Voight. My sister.' Shaylynn tells them.

'I didn't know you had a sister!' Sarah exclaims.

'Well, she's technically my half-sister.' 

'We'll talk to her. Where is she?' Dr Charles asks. 

'Treatment 5.' Shaylynn says. 'Thank you.' 

'Any time.' Dr Charles smiles before walking over to Sam's room and walking in with Sarah.