Chapter 45

The person on the other end of the phone tells Sam to meet him at a bar on the other side of Chicago. She walks back into the kitchen. 'I'm going out to meet someone.' She tells him. 'I went to see Hinks, well, he requested to see me. He mentioned something about Shaylynn and this sex trafficking boss. I need to go see Butch about it.' She continues. 'I shouldn't be more than two hours.' He then brings her in for a kiss. 

'Love you.' He smiles.

'Love you more.' She grins. They kiss once more and she heads out to meet Butch.

When she arrives at the bar, she walks in at the same time as Butch. They order a soda each and sit at a table right at the back, in the corner. 

'What's this about Sam?' Butch asks. 

'I went to see Hinks earlier. He mentioned Shaylynn and this sex trafficking boss. He said it's going to get a lot worse.' Sam explains. 

'Have you told Shaylynn?' 

'Do I dare tell her? You know what she's like. If she finds out that Hinks is mixed up in this, with this trafficker, she'll go ape-shit. She'll put me on house arrest, she'll have protection at my door. Butch. I need you to help me put this bastard that hurt my sister behind bars.' 

'What do you need me to do?'

'We need to spook this boss, and his protégés. Make them think that we're closing in on hi,. He'll try to leave Chicago and we'll apprehend them then. We can only do this when we have enough evidence though. I need you to help me find that evidence.' Sam tells him.

'You can count on me.' Butch responds, smiling.

'Like 1,2,3.' Sam adds. 

'I'll be there.' Butch continues.

''Cause that's what friends are supposed to do.' They say together and burst out laughing. 

'I swear you're on of the very few that gets my musical references.' Sam laughs.

'Well Shaylynn is like a sister to me which means you're like a sister to me too.' Butch tells her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~