Chapter 57

Sam tells Shaylynn that she'll be fine on her own and so Shaylynn decides to stay at the firehouse. 

Sam walks into the district through the street level doors and up to Trudy who is at the desk. 'Hey Trudy.' She smiles. 

'Hey Sam.' Trudy grins. 'How's the little one?' 

'She's conked out.' Sam laughs. 'Finally.' Trudy walks around from behind the desk and looks into the buggy.

'She's cute.' Trudy says. 'Do you need help up the stairs.' 

'I'd appreciate that.' Sam nods. Trudy helps her up to intelligence. 

'Hey Sam!' Jay shouts over to her.

'Shush.' Sam tells him. 'She's asleep.' 

'Sorry.' Jay replies, quieter. Hank then walks out of his office, up to Sam and they hug. 

'How's my favourite granddaughter?' He asks gently, stroking Aimee-Leigh's cheek. 

'Don't tell Shaylynn that.' Sam laughs. Like at the firehouse, everyone has a hold. As Adam takes a hold of her, Aimee-Leigh cries. 'Someone doesn't like you.' Sam jokes. Adam gives Aimee-Leigh back to Sam and as soon as she does, she stops crying. 

'What?!' Adam exclaims. 

'She really doesn't like you.' Hank laughs. 

'You must have been a bit too tense.' Sam tells him. 'You have to be relaxed. Here, try again.' She says as she gives Aimee-Leigh to Adam. This time, she doesn't cry.  'There you go.' She smiles.

 'Babies can really feel whether you're tense or not?' Adam asks surprised. 

'That's the theory.' Sam smiles. Her phone then rings.  'DON'T drop her!' She tells Adam and everyone laughs, she then answers her phone and walks into the break room. She returns a few minutes later.

'What was that about?' Hank asks her. 

'Just something I've been planning.' Sam tells him. 'I've booked a table at Wishbone on Lincoln Avenue for tonight. Me, you, Shaylynn, Kelly, Erin, Peter, Taylor and Aimee-Leigh.' 

'Erin?' Hank says looking at his other daughter. 

'Yeah, sure. What time?' Erin asks.

'Seven.' Sam smiles.

'I'll be there.' Erin grins. 

'I guess I'll see you later.' Sam says. She takes Aimee-Leigh from Adam and puts her back into the buggy. She hugs Hank and leaves. Once outside, she calls Shaylynn to tell her the plan. Shaylynn informs her that she will be there along with Kelly and Taylor. She then calls someone.

'Hello.

'Hey, it's Sam. Thanks so much for getting in contact with me earlier.' 

'It's no problem. Is everyone coming?'

'Yep. I'll see you later.' 

'See you later. Bye.'

'Bye.' She puts her phone in her bag and smiles. She knows that tonight will be special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~